VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a USA press release

Scheduled to hit showrooms sometime in late 2008 or early 2009 the Volkswagen Scirocco will be a front-wheel drive compact coupe powered by a 210 horsepower TSI engine along with a top of the line all-wheel-drive 3.6-liter V6.

does that last line read R36 to anyone else???? :itsme:

·
196 Posts
I knew it would happen, I am waiting in anticipation. I perfer the original Scirocco, that looks like a rolled EOS

·
1,084 Posts
Hmmm, not sure about the looks of that thing.

Mk1 Sciroccos looked wicked IMO.

I'll assume you're talking about the Mk2's with your comments Dave, and I couldn't agree more.:s:

For the Young 'uns on here, this a Mk1 Scirocco....:deal:

And this one is for sale on pistonheads...

·
196 Posts
Dub you are right the Mk1 was better looking than the 16v 81+ model which I thought looked similar to the Corrado! Although I heard the 2.9 VR6 was some motor in its day.

Attachments

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Very Cherry said:
a USA press release
That imo looks like it has great potential, lets hope they stick some decent engines in it!

Tokyo Dub said:
Hmmm, not sure about the looks of that thing.

Mk1 Sciroccos looked wicked IMO.

I'll assume you're talking about the Mk2's with your comments Dave, and I couldn't agree more.:s:

For the Young 'uns on here, this a Mk1 Scirocco....:deal:

I LOVE mk1 scirroco's and that one is nothing short of awesome, it's now my desktop wall paper. :love:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
tsi engine sounds good. will be more than the 1.4 they use at the moment that only produces 170bhp, but is great to drive i had a golf gt with that engine and its shifted. could possible be a 1.6tsi but the 4wd 3.6 would be ace in a car like that.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
gazjones said:
tsi engine sounds good. will be more than the 1.4 they use at the moment that only produces 170bhp, but is great to drive i had a golf gt with that engine and its shifted. could possible be a 1.6tsi but the 4wd 3.6 would be ace in a car like that.
As long as they give it a 40/60 rear bias like the RS4 :D

·
3,137 Posts
I had 2 mkII roccos before I got into golfs and I loved them. Both were written off by girls crashing into them

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i adore corrados especially in the blackberry colour. i could never own one as i'm too tall to fit! :D

oh...and i like deloreans too :D

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
Too tall VC?

I'm 6ft5" and fitted in my Rado VR6 no worries. My Polo G40, however, was a different story altogether.:D
odd :hmmmm:

when they were available new i tried to fit and failed and only 2 years ago went to look at a secondhand blackberry to feed the fetish. maybe its becuase it had a sunroof? but the roof line meant my head touched the ceiling so wouldnt be able to get on with it :(

maybeyou have a short neck? :sheep:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tokyo Dub said:
Too tall VC?

I'm 6ft5" and fitted in my Rado VR6 no worries. My Polo G40, however, was a different story altogether.:D
Can you expain something, what is Rado? I only know them as watches.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
corrado. the older coupe style vw car that took the place of the scirocco

·
344 Posts
I'm pretty tall too (about 6ft 4") & i've still got my old 1992 pearl green VR and i fit in it fine, makes a difference if you've got the stock VAG seats or the Recaro's as the Recaro's seem to drop down lower and give you a bit more room (better for the track too)!

EDIT: they're stunning in the Blackberry though especially when the sun catches them!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts