VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just orderd a new R32 DSG, united grey with macchiato leather. I couldn't see the leather before hand and took a leap of faith as I really wanted united grey.

The dealer called and has offered me a choice, he's got one the same spec with reflex silver and anthracite leather coming in the same shipment.

I've had a look at some pics on the web of the macchiato leather and it's all bit beigeish.....not neccessarily a bad thing but there are some doubts in my mind. I need some help with my choice.

I'm sure there are some opinions out there...would love to hear some to help me make my choice.

·
1,957 Posts
I parked next to a Golf in Johannesburg airport last weekend which had what I thought was macchiao leather and I didn't like it. It was a bit dark in the car park but the leather was a creamy beige colour and I don't think it'd work well with a grey car.

I've got a grey .:R with grey leather and it's a great combination.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very Cherry said:
will the dealer swap the interiors?
unfortunately not. they seem to order a load of vehicles and you buy a set exterior/interior combo from a list. if i want to order something not on the list it'll be 4-6 months before i see it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
burble said:
I parked next to a Golf in Johannesburg airport last weekend which had what I thought was macchiao leather and I didn't like it. It was a bit dark in the car park but the leather was a creamy beige colour and I don't think it'd work well with a grey car.

I've got a grey .:R with grey leather and it's a great combination.
great feedback. thanks. i'm already begining to question my choice.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
United (or steel) grey: good choice of colour. I'm not tired of it yet.

·
325 Posts
Very left field mate but I have a black R32 mk4 with a full half leather grey interior... Just had the grey suede centres re-trimmed in black alcantara with re-embossed logos in grey... Pix on request, however it looks (in mine and everyone who seen it opinion... Fe**in bhaad man). All I say is be careful of your final choice?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts