VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got my first R32, it's a 2006 in blue. Loving the car so far, came from a Civic Type R to an R32 and much prefer my new R32.

I've had the dreaded upper brake light problem, and have managed to replace the light using the guides on here (smashing out the old one).

However, although the light is now working fine, there's a nasty rattle coming from the spoiler everytime I drive.

I dare say a bit of the plastic from the original brake light housing might have fallen into the spoiler. It's definately not the connector rattling around. I have two questions:

1. Bit of a long shot but does anyone have any bright ideas as to how I can get any loose bits out? I'd turn the radio up but the rattle is going to bug me!!! Tried a hoover to no avail. Can't think of any way of sorting it.

2. Also, for those who have succesfully replaced the brake light, did you bother using any silicone to seal it or did you just clip it in, and have you had any problems with water ingress?

What a stupid design!

Oh and here's a photo of my new baby!

Cheers
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd of used sealant as it will almost likely get ingress of water so I'd do it to be safe.

As for getting something out if u can get access I'd get some soft putty like stuff on the end of a stick and move round inside but could be some bolt of lug etc otherwise if you can't find a piece rattling round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts