VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" is the movie line we mimic more often than any other, according to a new survey.

He'll definitely be back...The former action star uttered the immortal words to a reception desk cop when playing the title role in The Terminator.

He then drove a car through the front of the police station.

Rhett Butler's closing line in Gone With The Wind - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" - is second on the list.

"Beam me up, Scotty" from Star Trek is third - even though it was never actually said in any episode of the cult sci-fi TV series.

Advertisement
The survey of over 2,000 people was carried out by website myfilms.com, a personalised film and cinema finder from the UK Film Council.

It asked which famous phrases we borrow from films to use in everyday conversation.

The line "May the force be with you" from Star Wars was fourth, followed by Forrest Gump's "Life is like a box of chocolates".

The poll also included famous lines from Taxi Driver, Jerry Maguire, Dirty Harry, Casablanca and Dirty Dancing.

All 10 most memorable lines were spoken by men.

May the force be with you!A myfilms.com spokesman said: "Our research shows the huge influence films have over people, from life-changing experiences to the way we speak."

Elsewhere in the survey, women named Dirty Dancing as the film they would most like to have starred in, followed by Pretty Woman and Gone With The Wind.

Men opted for the Bond films, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

The top 10 movie lines we use the most

1 "I'll be back." (The Terminator)
2 "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." (Gone With The Wind)
3 "Beam me up, Scotty." (Star Trek)
4 "May the force be with you." (Star Wars)
5 "Life is like a box of chocolates." (Forrest Gump)
6 "You talking to me?" (Taxi Driver)
7 "Show me the money." (Jerry Maguire)
8 "Do you feel lucky, punk?" (Dirty Harry)
9 "Here's looking at you, kid." (Casablanca)
10 "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." (Dirty Dancing)

:star:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts