VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Can anyone help me out? Does anyone know where the thermostat is on the R32? I know on the mk4 GTI it's just below the alternator at the front, but don't know about the R.

Has anyone else had to change theirs?

Thanks guys & girlies x

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
should be in the same place, I never changed it on the R but i did in the 1.8t as it caused dodgy readings on the dash temp gauge.

Easy to fit yourself in about 5 mins. Think the part is around the 20 quid mark from VW

why whats the problem ?

G

·
The external temperature sensor is behind the lower right hand bumper grill (if you are looking at the car) i.e. the near side.

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay!!! She is back working properly now ;)

I am happy again. On Saturday morning I was calling her all the names under the sun. I even told the bf that I wanted a Fiesta 1.1 Popular!!!

But I didnt mean it!!!!!!

·
171 Posts
Fiona said:
Yay!!! She is back working properly now ;)

I am happy again. On Saturday morning I was calling her all the names under the sun. I even told the bf that I wanted a Fiesta 1.1 Popular!!!

But I didnt mean it!!!!!!
your lucky you added that last bit missy, or I would be having words ;)

hope mine dont go yet, only forked out for a new one on my old car last month :(

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='Emma']your lucky you added that last bit missy, or I would be having words ;)

I know!! I would be having words with myself I think.

I was just having one of "princess" moments as my delightful other half calls them. To me and you its was a temper tntrum!! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts