VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
318 Posts
Hi all,

Just a quick one:

I'm thinking of lowering my 2006 R. Just springs but dont want to go too low so it affects the ride quality, so Just wondering what's preferred springs that any of you guy/girls recommend?

Also costs and if anyone can recommend a fitter in the Glasgow/Stirling areas. Or ill even get it done when I'm back in Wales one weekend.

Cheers again ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369007798.921491.jpg

Attachments

·
693 Posts
A lot of people on the forum go for H&R springs which lower the car approx -20 and -25mm... Which in my opinion is a perfect amount for the MK5.

The ride is slightly stiffer to standard, but not crashy or uncomfortable.

The springs aren't too expensive and fitting shouldn't cost you a great deal, just remember to factor into your budget that you'll have to get a full 4 wheel alignment done afterwards, which usually costs from £50 - £70.

Jamie.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Im taking my apex springs of soon wanting £
they only been on car 2month brilliant ride not too stif taking them of due to getin coilovers

Lowerer car jus nicely

·
Registered
363 Posts
H&R without a doubt! I notice no difference in ride but looks so much nicer! About £185 on Larkspeed and fitting will be about £100

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Another vote for H&R premium quality without a doubt. Bearing In mind they make VW Racing springs

·
136 Posts
I had AP coilovers, only cost me £300 2nd hand and allowed me to set the height to whatever i wanted:

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys.

Car hopefully booked in at demon tweeks on Saturday if I'm able to get back in time.

£337 all in, including fitting and 4 wheel alignment.

Considering the springs cost £200 to buy. So if alignment is £50 it makes spring fitting only about £
so a bonus. Wouldn't bother doing it myself for that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
N111K JS said:
Cheers guys.

Car hopefully booked in at demon tweeks on Saturday if I'm able to get back in time.

£337 all in, including fitting and 4 wheel alignment.

Considering the springs cost £200 to buy. So if alignment is £50 it makes spring fitting only about £
so a bonus. Wouldn't bother doing it myself for that.
Looking forward to some pic pics when the springs are on and settled in height, I've started my 'Spring saving fund'

·
125 Posts
Do you guys got the proper name for the H&R springs? and they do also do them for the dsg model? i am in london were can i get them fitted?

Thanks for any advise.

·
125 Posts
I got another question do the springs lowered the car by approx -20 rear and -25mm..front?????

Regards..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't go wrong with the H&R springs. If budget allows, I'd be inclined to go for a set of coilovers so you have uprated dampers matched to the spring rates and have the height adjustability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts