VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Thinking of Lowering mk5 r32

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BlueSmokeyJoe 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

Just a quick one:

I'm thinking of lowering my 2006 R. Just springs but dont want to go too low so it affects the ride quality, so Just wondering what's preferred springs that any of you guy/girls recommend?

Also costs and if anyone can recommend a fitter in the Glasgow/Stirling areas. Or ill even get it done when I'm back in Wales one weekend.

Cheers again Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A lot of people on the forum go for H&R springs which lower the car approx -20 and -25mm... Which in my opinion is a perfect amount for the MK5.

The ride is slightly stiffer to standard, but not crashy or uncomfortable.

The springs aren't too expensive and fitting shouldn't cost you a great deal, just remember to factor into your budget that you'll have to get a full 4 wheel alignment done afterwards, which usually costs from £50 - £70.

Jamie.

#3 ·
Im taking my apex springs of soon wanting £
they only been on car 2month brilliant ride not too stif taking them of due to getin coilovers

Lowerer car jus nicely

#6 ·
I had AP coilovers, only cost me £300 2nd hand and allowed me to set the height to whatever i wanted:

#9 ·
Cheers guys.

Car hopefully booked in at demon tweeks on Saturday if I'm able to get back in time.

£337 all in, including fitting and 4 wheel alignment.

Considering the springs cost £200 to buy. So if alignment is £50 it makes spring fitting only about £
so a bonus. Wouldn't bother doing it myself for that.

#10 ·
N111K JS said:
Cheers guys.

Car hopefully booked in at demon tweeks on Saturday if I'm able to get back in time.

£337 all in, including fitting and 4 wheel alignment.

Considering the springs cost £200 to buy. So if alignment is £50 it makes spring fitting only about £
so a bonus. Wouldn't bother doing it myself for that.
Looking forward to some pic pics when the springs are on and settled in height, I've started my 'Spring saving fund'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.