VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but a few questions

I know its louder but i dont want it to be chavvy loud. How loud are they? I have never heard one in the flesh so a bit apprehensive. People say resonated is too quiet and not much of a change to stock.

Where would you recommend i buy one? Are there any good fitters in Yorkshire somewhere (pref West/North) or is mail order the better/cheaper option?

Best price i've seen around the £550 mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was stuck with this question when I brought my R. Currently have a miltek non res fitted and mine sounds amazing when you give it some stick, but when your driving around normally it's not too loud at all. Depends how you drive really I guess

·
4,420 Posts
Go for non res or don't bother changing it IMO, resonated sounds the same as stock if not quieter i think, its calm for normal driving, and hell is let loose when you floor it, just how it should be, if you are spending so much money, you want to hear every penny, its not chavvy because its a v6, not a 1.0

·
1,060 Posts
I bought a non-res for my Mk4 R32 and it wasn't loud enough! I agree totally with Fathead -if you're thinking of a resonated system, don't bother, it no louder or nicer sounding than OEM.

·
19,389 Posts
I bought a non-res for my Mk4 R32 and it wasn't loud enough!
That was less to do with the exhaust and more to do with old age and going deaf

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Il have a milltek with gt100 tip, non res & decat for £650

Will be removing it from my car soon. Mk5 though not sure what you have

RNS510 Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo & Can Gateways £90 Coded

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Why is this in the FI section?

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gt100 and jet tips
any major difference? If anyone has a picture that would be good. I goodle images them and i get a mix of both

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
theroxbury said:
gt100 and jet tips
any major difference? If anyone has a picture that would be good. I goodle images them and i get a mix of both
The gt100's have what looks like a chrome ring on the inside

Jet tips are just slash cut

·
2,803 Posts
gt100 and jet tips
I'm sure someone could post a pic, but if you google image them you'll get a good idea

Jet tips are rolled in like the standard tips, but gt100 are folded in sharply

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just looking to do the same though I'm going to do a Milltek cat back non resonated, headers with high-flow downpipes and catalysts and a stage two tune aimed at 98 octane (as good as we get in nz from a pump).

My only concern is with the header am I going to end up with more sound than exhaust only and if so how much more?

Anyone running something similar care to comment?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts