VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking for a low mileage MKV R32 however that isn’t easy to come by at the moment.

I have came across a few Japan import but I have little knowledge on this. Can anyone give me any advice on this? Or perhaps to stay away all together. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
A guy has just purchased a low miler 37,000 17K! with a YT video link.. UK spec. Agreed they are becoming harder to come buy.
I was looking for over a year, the odd one came up but for one reason or another I decided against, then I saw mine a jap import with 26,000 at the time, one owner, all supporting documentation blar blar blar. Purchased November 2021 & all good. The upside to a low mile jap import is the condition, had mine on the ramps for a de res & it’s like new! Drives like new, very very happy. Had a 7 year ceramic coat a few weeks ago & looks amazing . The downside I guess is you can never be truly sure of the history, I have all the supporting documentation, one owner full vw Japan history + a full service from vw prior to collection, interior is as new. My advice just make sure everything is as it should be, all documentation & km’s converted to miles if possible, the guy I purchased from had several imports & 1 uk spec MK4. I’d like to think I could tell the difference between a genuine low miler & one that’s been clocked which I think is the main worry. Mine honestly feels like a new car which is 16 year old, currently sits on 32,000 interior is like new, the exhaust tips are still shiny on the inside, all original glass, spare wheel set up in boot untouched, drives faultlessly, pulls like a train. I paid £15K from a dealer off autotrader. Good luck with whatever you decide, hope this helps 😎👍

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just to say, I new nothing about imports prior to purchase, I did a little research online, read a few articles, picked a good one in my eyes & took a punt, I actually phoned up & purchased over the phone without seeing it.. the low milers don’t tend to hand around long.. depends on ya budget, I think the black one with 4,788 miles is still on eBay & now reduced to £23,495 from £25,000 been there a while.. uk spec very nice 😎👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to say, I new nothing about imports prior to purchase, I did a little research online, read a few articles, picked a good one in my eyes & took a punt, I actually phoned up & purchased over the phone without seeing it.. the low milers don’t tend to hand around long.. depends on ya budget, I think the black one with 4,788 miles is still on eBay & now reduced to £23,495 from £25,000 been there a while.. uk spec very nice 😎👍
t
Thanks for the reply mate I have just seen the video you mentioned it’s a lovely looking car. I’m glad you found a gooden yourself as like you said it’s always a risk but when it pays off happy days!

I have seen the Black one you mentioned online also and it really has a lovely spec just with such low miles and it being a import it almost seems to good
to be true lol. It’s good to hear from someone who has past experience on purchasing a imported car though gives me somewhat more reassurance!

I’m going to make a few calls tomorrow on a few imported R32s I have seen and I will do some digging online on what to look out for! I have also seen a BIMTA check is always a good shout so may look into that a little more👍🏻 Thanks Jordan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeh no worries, I thought the super low miler was a UK spec.. maybe not. Looks absolutely mint though!! There were a couple more low milers when I looked at mine but were also north of the border, as much as I love Scotland, it was just too far.. a guy in the land of Ireland was selling a low miler but asking I think 25K for 20,000 on the clock I think.. they are about & you’ll pay maybe 2/3K more for a UK spec I think something like that.. good luck with your search, there’s a few people on here with imports, maybe they will chip in 😎👍

·
Registered
R32 Mk5 DSG 5 Door
210 Posts
The only things to watch out for is that Japan spec is not the same as UK. For example all UK DSG cars have MFSW and highline dash as standard. Our SatNav cars have 10 speakers. Japan cars need to have the radio changed and the speedo converted to MPH. They also all seem to have weird "checkerboard" mats that I think look awful, and wind deflectors on the doors. But they are very well looked after, and don't suffer from road salt corrosion. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agree with the above statement, mine only has 8 speakers & no highline dash which I want to get fitted.. luckily mine had a android head unit fitted which is ok, around £2/250 I think & was changed to MPH/Miles. Not sure what those god awful checkered matts are about, again mine had standard matts & yes mine has the “stock” import wind deflectors.. & again it’s been very well looked after, underside as mentioned is like new. Zero corrosion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only things to watch out for is that Japan spec is not the same as UK. For example all UK DSG cars have MFSW and highline dash as standard. Our SatNav cars have 10 speakers. Japan cars need to have the radio changed and the speedo converted to MPH. They also all seem to have weird "checkerboard" mats that I think look awful, and wind deflectors on the doors. But they are very well looked after, and don't suffer from road salt corrosion. Good luck with your search.
Yeh no worries, I thought the super low miler was a UK spec.. maybe not. Looks absolutely mint though!! There were a couple more low milers when I looked at mine but were also north of the border, as much as I love Scotland, it was just too far.. a guy in the land of Ireland was selling a low miler but asking I think 25K for 20,000 on the clock I think.. they are about & you’ll pay maybe 2/3K more for a UK spec I think something like that.. good luck with your search, there’s a few people on here with imports, maybe they will chip in 😎👍
It does look mint I agree! Will have to have a chat with the company to see if all the things mentioned in this thread match up and just be patient with my search as eventually I’m sure the right one will crop up. Thanks to you both for the extra help as some of what’s mentioned above I wasn’t aware of. 👍🏻

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not in all cases, if you buy from a reputable dealership, these will have been changed prior to purchase. As in my case, K’s to miles, front plate changed to uk version & a touchscreen head unit instead of ya jap radio..

At the end of the day, all VW’s are imports..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts