VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting one for my wife. 60.000 miles on the clock, dark blue, new brakes and tyres all round. Asking for £2,800? Would make our drive way look nicely co-ordinated.

·
76 Posts
Good cars mate I currently have one, which i have actually owned twice now not as sharp as R32 but not far off IMO what year you going for?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had one before I got my R and I loved it....only changed to the R because it was too good an opportunity to miss otherwise I'd still have it.

·
2,895 Posts
Sounds a good price. My uncle got £2400 for his last year with 90k on it. He got jealous of my R and just had to get one newer then mine

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in two minds really, I'd love her to have something safe (4wd), practical (decent boot and 5 seats) and fun. Was at first considering an A4 Quattro TDI or a newish Subaru. But then we have the R which fits that bill. Maybe something diesel would be more suited for when were doing day to day stuff or really long trips. Any ideas? I usually only think VAG by default but I could be over looking some decent options by doing so. Any suggestions welcome...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had one of these before I had my R, it had done 70,000 It looked it fantastic but I had nothing but problems with it. Expensive to run as well.

·
318 Posts
Great cars. I had one 2 years ago, Y reg, 6 owners and 98k, off a mate £1000, had it a year, done 20,000 miles, just put fuel in, gave it a minor service and put new disks n pads off eBay £100 and sold it to another mate for £1200.
No problems whatsoever and didn't really care about it and gave it no tlc but kept going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts