VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples opinions on full vw service history? the car is due a service and was wondering wheeather to take it to vw or not!

also has anybody had any experience with any vw garage's in the oxfordshire/berkshire area?

cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
hi mate,

just had the 40,000 mile service done and brake fluid etc on mine at VW. I like to keep my book stamped up, but now mines had all of the important first services and they have all been with VW so may take it elsewhere from now as its so much cheaper, and its not hard to change oil and water is it!! Ive found a garage that has ex VW/audi mechanics in so thats a touch.

·
616 Posts
I think it all depends on what you've done to it, how long your going to keep it and how much you may want for it when you sell it. I personally would pay more for a car with full VW service history (I know some non VW garages are better) but you never know. I personally won't have mine serviced by VW again, apart from possibly the 40K and 80K if I keep it that long (the bigger ones).

·
3,732 Posts
i'm still under stealership warranty and my next service is the 40k. for the sake of the stamps i will be using them, not liking the bill tho

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Another vote for Awesome here too,

I've just booked in for a service at Awesome , be a better job than the dealer i'm sure.

Plus there fitting neuspeed ARB's at the same time, just dont tell the wife lol

·
243 Posts
I took mine to APS in May and will be going there next time too - they were fantastic and loads cheaper than a main dealer, knew what they were doing and the service was top class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts