VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Too low or not too low, that is the question.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blw. 
#1 ·
My son has recently purchased a 2003 R32 3.2ltr 4motion Golf. It has 18" BBS wheel with rolled arches. He has managed to knock out a sump already and damaged the front bumper. I have measured the ride height and the rear is 36cm, front 33cm. It is basically too low as for as I am concerned so I recommended he gets it back to it's factory ride height. (I have 20 years experiance as a Motor Engineer, so I too tend to errr on the side of the manufacturer rather than asthetics. But I am not totally square as I did used to rally in the 70s. So back to the question. I would have prefered him to replace the current too low front springs with originals but there could be a possibility that the ride height would end up higher than the rear. So at this point he cannot afford a set of KWs, VW genuine standard kit will be about £500 parts numbers Shocks = 1J0413031ES Springs = 1J0411105DT, so I see a possible case of putting on AMAX 975448035 at £245. Does anyone in here have any experience with this make or is there a better and or cheaper alternative to a solution, or maybe someone has upgraded and got some old kit that will fit his baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.