VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so clarkson finally got behind the wheel of the W12.... but saying it had the ass of a grannies sagging ankles and the looks of a traffic warden were a tad harsh :argh:

......he was right about it not going round the corners tho :joyman:

bringeth forth thou four by four, spray it DBP and lets try again?

watching it in action has tempted me to spray my roof gloss black though :top:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Thought it was a great start to the new series.

As for the W12 it was only 1 sec faster than the R32. Handling was appalling tho but its all forgiven cos i think it looks awesome.
As VC said if the stuck in 4wd and sorted the handling even if it is "just a golf" it'd be class.

Think we all need to lobby VW now as they said they would make it if there was enough interest lol.

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wonder what the price tag would be?

clarkson is a HUGE fan of the golf especially the mk1 so it must have handled badly for those comments

i too spotted the R32 times on the leader board and to be honest i wasnt surprised, its alot of power with little control with respect to handling and brakes and the revs sounded very low.... autobox??

even still

8 weeks to build from start to finish its a pretty decent machine, they just have to refine it now then let the public decide.

i havent loved a concept like this since the delicious ford indigo :D

·
36 Posts
Was really pleased with the way the season has started. It's more about cars again and less about other stuff, yet they've managed to maintain that humour and magic that the three of them manage to create! Great stuff!!

8 Weeks for what is basically a concept car is pretty good, it's a very short time to come up with a working car, let alone one that was able to drive off the stage. It just needs proper development and road testing in order for it to be taken seriously... Whether they do is another matter... I don't really see a market for a 80k golf... (surely the price with something like a W12 in it...)...

Stelvio pass.... That's gonna be on the list of driving roads for our Nurburgring/ Road trip next year! Come on!

·
106 Posts
to me it didnt look like the stig was giving the w12 everything it had to offer especially in the second half of the lap. mayb because that is the only one in the world they were told to take it easy?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
I dont think the Stig wanted to bin it or end up doing a nice 360 a la Mr Clarkson!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts