VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, got my car to the garage regarding an ongoing annoyance in the wya of a slight knocking noise coming front front right corner and a 'rubbing' noise when on full lock. Low and behold it's those good old top mounts that have gone (only the right side, but figured i'd change both) so it's upgrade time!

Very tempted by polybush as i know they're last longer but have heard the creak/squeak? anyone found this? Anyone fitted with no issues?

Alternative are Cupra R ones, i hear these are harder rubber than OEM but then again i hear they still don't last long.

Or just get OEM, though i suspect they won't last long either.

Any alternatives to the above?

I'm leaning towards poly but have reservations if they so creak/squeak. What do people reckon?

·
Registered
323 Posts
wont the polo ones fit? and dont they give you and extra low' from just having the top bit? or am i getting mixed up a bit

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is already lowered and scrapping on inclines so trying to avoid any further drop but thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My advice is go OEM!

I got my R32 in August and the topmounts needed doing but lucky me had a brand new pollybush set in the boot with the deal

Had them fitted and thought all was well, wrong.
Since ive had them fitted all ive had and creaking, sqeaking, firmer ride, feel bumps in the road more, you name it.

Ive also had a slight pull to the left even though ive had all my lazer tracking done.
Both myself and my garage strongly believe the polys may be causing it.

I absolutely hate them and cannot wait to rip them out to replace them with OEM. Infact im going to burn them.

·
874 Posts
My advice is go OEM!

I got my R32 in August and the topmounts needed doing but lucky me had a brand new pollybush set in the boot with the deal

Had them fitted and thought all was well, wrong.
Since ive had them fitted all ive had and creaking, sqeaking, firmer ride, feel bumps in the road more, you name it.

Ive also had a slight pull to the left even though ive had all my lazer tracking done.
Both myself and my garage strongly believe the polys may be causing it.

I absolutely hate them and cannot wait to rip them out to replace them with OEM. Infact im going to burn them.
í ½í¸‚ Not a fan then

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In my honest opinion Polys are good for the track and fast road use. Not good for a daily.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is a daily more than a track day car haha, so OEM is the preferred option, what about the Cupra R ones, if they're harder than OEM but not as hard as poly, maybe not prone to squeaking etc?

·
5,499 Posts
I've had oem ones on my car ever since I fitted kw v3 bastard hard coil overs,

Probably now done well over 60,000 miles on them, and I haven't noticed a single problem with them touch wood.

I just don't understand how ppl say oem ones fail easily. I live in an area full of speed humps and crap roads, and I drive like a maniac on country roads, yet I haven't slaughtered the top mounts?!

So I honestly say go oem

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
makes sense i mean as far as i know these are the ones the car come with, only just ticked over to 63K so i reckon OEM will do just fine!

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
If they need doing i would fit cupra R mounts as they will last longer and your never notice the difference from softer R32 mounts. Poly mounts will creak unless kept greased. The red poly mounts PSI tuning sale are not good which is why they are cheap. Powerflex black are good poly mounts but will be hard for general road used.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cupra R makes sense, just wasn't sure if they were worth it (don't even know how much more they are) might have to hunt for a part number

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
Probably wrong as usual but think the Cupra R mounts are cheaper then R32 mounts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha fair point! was just a quick search, Awesome for £72 + delivery more expensive that i had expected tbf and PSI are slightly more, but then again i suppose it's an investment

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts