VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warrenty has now come to an end it time to start messing with the car.

I want to find out what i can do?

The first thing that im having done is the 6463 upgrade.

Bellow is a list of things i want to do, can you guys tell me what i can do and roughly how much these mods will cost.

Brakes

re-map

exhuast

supercharger

Thanks

Greg
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
its a bit open ended to be honest, but rough figures - so not the most expensive but the average

Brakes - depends what you wanna do, stiffen, upgrade or change so a bit to random

re-map - to which stage? range from £300-£800 for the stage 1 or 2

exhuast - full system, cat back etc? full, towards £1000, cat back £400-£500

supercharger - which make? but budget a good few grand at least £3k for something decent

its too tough to give you exact figures as you dont know the makes and models of things you want.

the most common first rung onto the R32 modding ladder is to fit a catback exhaust, cai then remap. you should be able to achieve this for under £1k and should get your car up to 270-280bhp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Hi mate, i would advice you to talk with Ed at APS www.autops.co.uk he will advice you and give you any info you want regarding tuning options. I wouls suggest maybe a remap and exhaust first, aswell as a good air in take amd this will see you .:R up to around 270bhp add some cats and expect 278ish bhp, cams and a hi pressure fuel reg and see up to 320bhp. Supercharger kits are expensive and may cause problems reliabililty wise. I would even suggest maybe some handling upgrades ie antiroll bars or a good coilover kit.

There plenty of things to do to it, Khutula has done alot so maybe worth dropping hi a pm too.

HTH mate

Jimmy
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,808 Posts
What a high pressure fuel reg? I think I can guess, but does it add alot of power?
 
G

·
As Jimmy mentions I have done quite a lot to my car.

I would start with a Milltek cat back and a good cold air intake(CAI) - perhaps a Carbonio.

The big question is how much have you got to spend :questionmark:

I have at the moment kept mine N/A and have done the following:

Milltek manifolds
Milltek sports cats
Milltek ST Exhaust
Carbonio CAI
APS custom remap
Schrick 268 CAMs
Haldex HPP Upgrade
Neuspeed 25mm Front ARB
Neuspeed 22mm Rear ARB
Hella RCCR Lights
Neuspeed Short Shifter
H&R 15mm spacers for rear
H&R 20mm spacers for front
Neuspeed front upper strut brace
Neuspeed front lower strut brace
KW V3 Coilovers
ECS Adjustable tie arms

and a few other bits and pieces too. If you want any advice just drop me a PM.

I spoke to Ed at APS about adding a high pressure fuel regulator to my setup and he said it wasn't necessary:

We have tried the 5 bar regulators before and to be honest we don't find they are needed. They don't lean out in the high rpms so there is plenty of fuel there so no real need.
Where do you live - might be worth you trying to get a ride in a modded car to see what you think.

I have had most of my work done at Awesome GTi - but just recently I have had the Schrick Cams and a remap done at APS - the quality or service and workmanship was second to none. Would well recommend them, and as Jimmy said Ed is the man to speak to, he is very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction.

Its a slippery slope.....

Just do a bit at a time - have time to enjoy the mod and then move onto the next one :151:

I can put prices up for you too but it might frighten me!!!!
 

·
Member
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
khutula said:
As Jimmy mentions I have done quite a lot to my car.

I would start with a Milltek cat back and a good cold air intake(CAI) - perhaps a Carbonio.

The big question is how much have you got to spend :questionmark:

I have at the moment kept mine N/A and have done the following:

Milltek manifolds
Milltek sports cats
Milltek ST Exhaust
Carbonio CAI
APS custom remap
Schrick 268 CAMs
Haldex HPP Upgrade
Neuspeed 25mm Front ARB
Neuspeed 22mm Rear ARB
Hella RCCR Lights
Neuspeed Short Shifter
H&R 15mm spacers for rear
H&R 20mm spacers for front
Neuspeed front upper strut brace
Neuspeed front lower strut brace
KW V3 Coilovers
ECS Adjustable tie arms

and a few other bits and pieces too. If you want any advice just drop me a PM.

I spoke to Ed at APS about adding a high pressure fuel regulator to my setup and he said it wasn't necessary:

Where do you live - might be worth you trying to get a ride in a modded car to see what you think.

I have had most of my work done at Awesome GTi - but just recently I have had the Schrick Cams and a remap done at APS - the quality or service and workmanship was second to none. Would well recommend them, and as Jimmy said Ed is the man to speak to, he is very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction.

Its a slippery slope.....

Just do a bit at a time - have time to enjoy the mod and then move onto the next one :151:

I can put prices up for you too but it might frighten me!!!!
If you can tell me the prices that would be great
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
Ive filled in approximate prices I know of until Khutula posts up accurate figures:

Milltek manifolds ~£800
Milltek sports cats ~£800
Milltek ST Exhaust ~£450
Carbonio CAI £150
APS custom remap
Schrick 268 CAMs
Haldex HPP Upgrade Blue £450 Orange £550
Neuspeed 25mm Front ARB
Neuspeed 22mm Rear ARB
Hella RCCR Lights
Neuspeed Short Shifter
H&R 15mm spacers for rear £80
H&R 20mm spacers for front £80
Neuspeed front upper strut brace £80
Neuspeed front lower strut brace
KW V3 Coilovers
ECS Adjustable tie arms £140
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
Ive filled in approximate prices I know of until Khutula posts up accurate figures:

Milltek manifolds ~£800
Milltek sports cats ~£800
Milltek ST Exhaust ~£450
Carbonio CAI £150
APS custom remap
Schrick 268 CAMs
Haldex HPP Upgrade Blue £450 Orange £550
Neuspeed 25mm Front ARB
Neuspeed 22mm Rear ARB
i will follow a similar path, are you overall satisfied with the final outcome? Is it as reliable, any side effects?
 
G

·
Berky said:
i will follow a similar path, are you overall satisfied with the final outcome? Is it as reliable, any side effects?
Mine is a mark IV though - but engine is very similar - yes it is very relaible, and I am very very pleased with the outcome, no side effects at all. BrakeSnake has similar engine mods to mine but he is running a mark V - might be worth dropping him a PM although he is in the States at the mo.
 
G

·
Gregh said:
If you can tell me the prices that would be great
OK here goes - I will include up to date prices in some cases as some mods are no cheaper than when I had them fitted

Milltek manifolds - £464 + £264 to fit
Milltek sports cats - £624 + £105 to fit
Milltek ST Exhaust - already on car when I bought it but - £444 + fitting
Carbonio CAI - £194 + £79 to fit
APS custom remap - £350
Schrick 268 CAMs - £1250 including fitting - a major mod - needs a lot of engine stripping back
Haldex HPP Upgrade - £475 - £53 to fit
Neuspeed 25mm Front ARB - £182 + £105 to fit
Neuspeed 22mm Rear ARB - £217 + £53 to fit
Hella RCCR Lights - £135
Neuspeed Short Shifter - £170
H&R 15mm spacers for rear + H&R 20mm spacers for front £179
Neuspeed front upper strut brace - £80
Neuspeed front lower strut brace - £141
KW V3 Coilovers - £994 + £238 to fit
ECS Adjustable tie arms - £288 + £53 to fit

Hope this helps :top:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
324 Posts
Khutula - Do you know if the Milly Cats fit on to the standard manifolds and cat back part of the exhaust system on the mkiv R32?

I'm a bit gutted the cams and fitting is sooo expensive on the golf, nowhere near as costly on my saxo vts to drop them in! Have you dyno'd your car with all that fitted? and did you get anywhere near [email protected]? Any idea on power at wheels?

Cheers mate.
 
G

·
GBR said:
Khutula - Do you know if the Milly Cats fit on to the standard manifolds and cat back part of the exhaust system on the mkiv R32?

I'm a bit gutted the cams and fitting is sooo expensive on the golf, nowhere near as costly on my saxo vts to drop them in! Have you dyno'd your car with all that fitted? and did you get anywhere near [email protected]? Any idea on power at wheels?

Cheers mate.
You can run the Milltek cats and exhaust with the standard manifolds no problem at all.

Car will be dyno'd on Saturday at the Awesome RR Day - should be around 300bhp but rolling road figures always disappoint - and even sometimes don't reflect the real world - just follow the Awesome post under the Events forum :151
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top