VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car today and want more, can't stand my snowmobile(apex w/boondockers turbo) having more hp than my car.
Looking at the turbos out on the market..not that i need to, i lost my drivers license last summer in my bro's 1970 plymouth superbird.
Have a new 08' R32, daily driver, but want the real power when i want/need it.
Durabilty a must probably looking at 380hp kits but would be willing to look at 480hp kits too, as long as durabilty is proven.
After doing some looking it seems as if Streetwerke and HPA Motorsports are the leaders of the pack. Any input of anyone with these kits and using for daily drivers would be appreciated.

Been around the 4-stroke turbo market for sleds and i know how it goes, lots of companies have kits but only a couple work and are reliable and stand by their product. I don't want to be a guniea pig, spending serious cash should equal serious enjoyment.

thanks

·
1,838 Posts
From the States most popular kit is HPA,they have a very good reputation for reliability.It sounds like the FT400 or FT460 kit would be just what you're looking for.Lot of people say they are just like driving stock apart from the go...go:D

·
4,328 Posts
If i was you and i had the funds i def would go with hpa.

If you want another option then C2 have just started doing some kits, and then VF Engineering are also in the production stages of making a turbo kit.

·
3,732 Posts
Kelderman AirRide said:
Just got my car today and want more, can't stand my snowmobile(apex w/boondockers turbo) having more hp than my car.
Looking at the turbos out on the market..not that i need to, i lost my drivers license last summer in my bro's 1970 plymouth superbird.
Have a new 08' R32, daily driver, but want the real power when i want/need it.
Durabilty a must probably looking at 380hp kits but would be willing to look at 480hp kits too, as long as durabilty is proven.
After doing some looking it seems as if Streetwerke and HPA Motorsports are the leaders of the pack. Any input of anyone with these kits and using for daily drivers would be appreciated.

Been around the 4-stroke turbo market for sleds and i know how it goes, lots of companies have kits but only a couple work and are reliable and stand by their product. I don't want to be a guniea pig, spending serious cash should equal serious enjoyment.

thanks
what a ride to lose you license in :cool:

but how can you drive the r32 if youve lost it? anyway....i would say for a kit to give you the power you want i would be leaning in the hpa direction :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a work permit.......and i am my own employer, so i do some road trips and such. I do need to be very carefull though, if if get busted again i won't even have that.
I'll keep doing some research, but it looks as though everyone is reinforcing my initial thoughts with the HPA.
Keep going though I love the chatter!!!!
Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts