VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im torn between which sound system to get for me tv, do I go for the bose 1sr or a sonos playbar, or something similar ? Silver im lookin towards you for this one need some opinions if theres cheaper for better or better for more?

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
I use a teac system has slim line speakers and a bass box, I can also plug my iphone 5 in for my music

Cheaper than the Bose equliivant and I am very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ummm cheers for the input on that rich but im still kinda swung towards the sonos, over the onkyo, don't mind the price tag of the sonos was just wondering if it was worth what it is, don't really fancy wires here there and everywhere same with speakers, hense the reason for a soundbar, the sonos is kinda my way forward I think as its Bluetooth speaker system through the house hold

·
1,927 Posts
I have Sonos Playbar. Great sound, but be aware you need to spend more than the £600 if you want it to actually work. It either needs to be wired directly to your router via ethernet or you need to buy a Sonos Bridge if you want it to work over wifi. It won't do a thing until one of those connections is in place.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know id have to buy a sub for the experience, as for the bridge or wired connection I don't mind doin either , what do you have the play 3 or play 5 speakers? whats it like just running the bar without the speakers or the sub ?

·
1,927 Posts
If you're talking surround speakers, I don't have any, just the Playbar on its own. I have a separate system for 5.1.

I would hold fire on the sub until you've tried the Playbar, as it has pretty good bass already.

You can't use Play 5s as surrounds btw, only the 3s...

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
B&W Panorama 2, bit pricy but sounds and looks great.

·
83 Posts
Onkyo 5.1, sounds great, no distortion, great features for money and can always upgrade speakers at a later date if you need to. Some of the better models alow streaming.

·
313 Posts
Get yourself a decent amp, as it's the hub of your home cinema setup (TV, BluRay, games console, music, etc). With regards to the Sonos, I've got it in a couple of rooms and I can't fault it at all. You sometimes find that when you buy one of their more expensive components e.g. Zone player, they may throw in a zone bridge for free. If not, they are fairly cheap anyway. As said in a previous post, you'll then have a wireless setup if your router is in a different room.

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
im torn between which sound system to get for me tv, do I go for the bose 1sr or a sonos playbar, or something similar ? Silver im lookin towards you for this one need some opinions if theres cheaper for better or better for more?
I've only just seen this. In future quoting someone who hasnt posted a post will give them a notification so they know to look at a post

You sorted now with the above advice?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
Happened to have a listen to the Sonus in a store this afternoon, its good esp with the sub. Was also looking at the new 84in LG.....what a picture..

Paul

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think ive found a shop local to me that has one in so im going to go and sample it tomorrow n see what its like

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im prepared to pay £600 for the sound bar but if theres cheaper for better then ill do that, ideally I wouldn't want speakers here there n everywhere just yet see how I get on with just the bar and then later on maybe add more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts