VW Golf R32 Forum banner

type of fule you use?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  JayCee 
#1 ·
just wanting to konw what fuel people put in there R32? personally i put v power in as my ibiza could only run on that so im used to it. but if i am desperate i ll put total excellium in.

#5 ·
from cold the car kangaroo hops more using the vpower, but sounds sweeter once warmed

tesco gets me .2 mpg better than the shell

in summary, vpower alllllllllllllllll the way :D

(add to the fact the vpower drivers club card get me more airmiles to the fillup thsn tesco clubcard points)

#7 ·
Very Cherry said:
from cold the car kangaroo hops more using the vpower, but sounds sweeter once warmed

tesco gets me .2 mpg better than the shell

in summary, vpower alllllllllllllllll the way :D

(add to the fact the vpower drivers club card get me more airmiles to the fillup thsn tesco clubcard points)
Cherry,

Its strange you say that, I've had the last three tanks of Optimax and found the car is back to the normal damn annoying over sensitive throttle. so much so it annoyed me yesterday.
I'll try next week going back to 99ron Tesco and see if it does make a difference.

#10 ·
I always use V power.... im quite lucky and have a BP.... Tesco..... Total and a number of shell garages. I used to use Bp ultimate in my GTI but i much prefer Vpower sounds gorgeous when warmed up. They do have the BP 102RON round the corner but im not spending 100 odd quid filling it up, plus on tests ive read it isnt a huge amount better once the engine is at optimum temperature and is only realy better from cold..... im no expert though:pepsi:

#11 ·
macdaddy said:
Cherry,

Its strange you say that, I've had the last three tanks of Optimax and found the car is back to the normal damn annoying over sensitive throttle. so much so it annoyed me yesterday.
I'll try next week going back to 99ron Tesco and see if it does make a difference.
the tesco fuel definately gives me a better cold engine take off - i dont bounce out of the tjunction in the morning, the vpower just seems to make the car sound better once the temp needle hits the middle

frustrating at times but its a small price to pay for now, would remapping solve this a little maybe?

G
#14 ·
Homer said:
My friendly mech was very sure about the virtues of v-power, in all aspects of its performance including (and for some the most important) engine performance.
Its supposed to give about 4bhp - I'll try to find a review of all the top fuels - it was with Optimax though, which is slightly different fuel.

G
#15 ·
There is from a test some time ago in Auto Express on fuels.

These were the results they got back on a Astra VXR:-

Regular / 95 Ron / 94.9p litre / 213.5 bhp
BP Ultimate / 97 Ron / 100.9p litre / 209.7bhp
Shell Optimax / 98 Ron / 97.9p litre / 222.2bhp
Tesco 99 / 99 Ron / 99.9p litre / 221.3 bhp

Out of interest, they also did the test on a 1.2 Polo:
REGULAR - 70.7bhp
BP UlTIMATE - 66.2bhp
SHELL OPTIMAX - 69bhp
TESCO 99 - 69.4bhp

#16 ·
as i work in f1 we get the race car fuel that is left over which makes one f**k of a diference, its rated at about 107 octane, and ive bin told by vw that its ok to use as long as i dont use it all the time so could you add f1 fuel to your chart please !!

#17 ·
i cant amend the chart sorry but i think you will be the only one running 107 fuel lol take it it makes one hell of a difference!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.