VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Tyre pressures mk5 r32

7K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  MaysEffect 
#1 ·
I know this may have been in here before but thought I'd ask again.

Tyre pressures in mk5 r32

Sticker says 2.8 bar, think that is 41 psi isn't it?

Is that right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
About 40psi is fine. Some people run 35 for a slightly less harsh ride. I'd also recommend 35psi if you're running on 19's.

If you want 40, then you may have to correct a few tyre fitters, as they may just have 35 written in their books for golfs.

#7 ·
Another risk of running a lower pressure is increased risk of damage to the wheel should you hit a pot hole.

#10 ·
OP has a mkv going from his avatar. So 2.8 bar is correct and this is whats inside the fuel cap. I wouldn't deviate from this unless you change your wheel/tyre size.

I set my pump to 2.9 bar and it always loses some air when unscrewing the valve. After changing the tyres a few times they've all worn pretty evenly, apart from the rears which wore slightly more on the inner edges.

Using a lower pressure generally causes the outer edges to wear out faster, using a higher pressure wears out the centre faster. Check the wear on your tyres to see if your under/over inflating them.

#15 ·
They should do a search

Reactions: PaulW
#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have summer sports tires(direzza zII), they feel terrible under 38psi. I run my fronts at 39-41psi, Rears 42-43psi and they are wearing perfectly and feel great with great grip levels. With my all season tires( mich super A/S plus) I run at 40psi all around but they feel fine at recommended 36psi.

It's better to rely on tire specs not what the car says. The car specifications are telling you what OEM settings are used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.