VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of wheels powder coated and want new tyres to go on them...

what ones are recommended?

·
19,388 Posts
Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2.

G

·
Got to agree with bob ive had a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 great dry/wet grip .
i payed £115 each off cam skill with £40 fuel voucher

·
19,388 Posts

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was swaying towards the Asymmetric 2's.....I will order them I think...Cheers

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think Michelin are what the manufacturer recommends for the R32, but I would go for Goodyear over Michelin.

On a recent recommendation I'm trying Hankook as have been told they are just as good as the Michelin tyres, will let you know how hard wearing they are, in terms of grip they feel really good.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I will never buy anything but the GY A2's. Simply the most outstanding tyre.

Mine have been on the car for 14 months, still 3mm left, and mine is a daily.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I know i'm not rolling with the big ballers of Michelin and Goodyear here, and a lot of people do love them, but i really rate my FK452's. They're a good all rounder..

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,526 Posts
I think Michelin are what the manufacturer recommends for the R32, but I would go for Goodyear over Michelin.

On a recent recommendation I'm trying Hankook as have been told they are just as good as the Michelin tyres, will let you know how hard wearing they are, in terms of grip they feel really good.
I have fitted loads of hankook tyres with no complaints..michelin have a 40% stake in hankook tyres

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
vamp r32 said:
GY asy2's are fab..but wear quick...
Something up with your tyre pressure and maybe alignment mate. The A2's have class leading wear. As well as awesome wet and dry grip

·
19,388 Posts
In my experience, the Goodyears didn't wear any faster than the other brands I tried.

·
2,204 Posts
Other than obvious driving style, it's impossible to predict which tyre will last longer, even when they have the same tyre wear rating number on the sidewall.

My MK4 came with PS3s and I won't be using those again.

ContiSport 3 and Bridgestone RE050A for me. The latter is especially good with it's dual compound, which gets softer the more it ages / wears. All tyres harden through heat cycling, which reduces wet / cold weather grip, but these two are the best I've used for consistent performance through their life span.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts