VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to invite you to the 'Ultimate Dubs 2008'.

Bringing together over 250 of the very best Water-cooled VW, Audi & Seat Show Cars from the U.K & Europe, together under one roof at the Telford International Indoor Centre (Nr. Birmingham)
The show is supported by Local, National & European advertising, aimed at bringing together the best Show Cars, Clubs & associated companies for the enthusiast to enjoy.

The show now in its 3rd year is to be held on Sunday 9th March 2008 to kick off the show season and is ideal for people to see the best show cars & the new show cars which have been built over the winter months and grab those vital parts for your vehicle from the top traders.

The venue is located just off the M54 motorway, slightly to the west of Birmingham making it easily accessible and in the centre of the country. The International Centre is a modern building with all the usual facilities and over 100,000 sq.ft of heated exhibition space with car parks adjacent. There are 2 on-site hotels & 6 hotels within the vicinity of the Centre to keep exhibitors & visitors happy.

The show will feature the following attractions:-

The Best VW, Audi & Seat Show Cars from the UK & Europe (Stock, Modified & Custom)
Top Accessory, Parts, Tuning, Wheel, I.C.E & Styling Companies
I.C.E Demo Vehicles
The Best European, National & Regional Club Display Vehicles
Special Displays
Cars For Sale Area
Plus other side attractions

If one of you wishes to enter your vehicle into the main Show Vehicle Display then all you need to do is visit www.ultimate-dubs.co.uk for further information - but be quick as time is running out!

The 2007 event was a huge success and received great reviews in many magazines including Redline, Performance VW,
The Golf +, VW Driver & Audi Driver.

For all the latest details on the show, keep an eye out on www.ultimate-dubs.co.uk

We hope that you will be able to attend and look forward to seeing you at Ultimate Dubs.

Best regards
Oz !

·
196 Posts
Nice one mate, thanks for the info - I'll be looking for a visit for sure

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I'll be there with the Club Lupo people, as i know all the people on the club stand so i'll be helping out, cleaning wheel arches and the like :D

The R will probably be looking sad in the hotel car park.

·
110 Posts
db7 said:
I'll be there with the Club Lupo people, as i know all the people on the club stand so i'll be helping out, cleaning wheel arches and the like :D

The R will probably be looking sad in the hotel car park.
Not as sad as mine looked, abandoned and broken during the summer floods :(

·
1,149 Posts
Ok you win hands down! How does it run since it was rebuilt? You from Gloucestershie or worcestershire?

·
110 Posts
db7 said:
Ok you win hands down! How does it run since it was rebuilt? You from Gloucestershie or worcestershire?
Neither mate, from Hull. The forgotton city. The car required a whole top end rebuild after a nice 4x4 sent a bow wave up my air intakes :angry:
The guys at A&A motors did a fantastic job and its running as well, if not better now. Gutted at the time but when you see people trying to bale water out of their house with buckets, you tend to mellow a bit when its only your car that is f*ucked. All is well now though and loving my 3rd year of ownership :)

·
1,149 Posts
Just a quick one to say i'm off to the show tomorrow, i'm helping out a few bods from Club Lupo, i might see some of you on sunday, although the R will mostly be feeling left out sat in the Express Holiday Inn car park covered in dust from the rain :angry: I reckons it's going to be a good show with some tasty cars on display!

·
1,149 Posts
Cool, i might amble on over and say hello if i'm feeling brave!

·
5,500 Posts
I'll be there, car will be somewhere, not sure where yet! it was a farce last time not letting any cars in without an ounce of fuel in them!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It shouldn't be to hard to hit the red in a r32.. Unfortunatly its telford Internationals rules not the UltimateDubs guys..

·
815 Posts
Times like these call for an R32oc T-Shirt so we could pick out other members if we seen them at shows, as i dnt have a clue what anyone looks like lol we could bump into each other and see the T-Shirt say Hi.

Just a thought, hope i get the guy to cover me for work 2moro so i can go should be a good time.

Stu

·
2,548 Posts
Some nice cars, enjoyable morning. Unfortuantly my photos are shocking due to using the wrong settings but here are a few that look ok.

Ps. W3RKD your car looked great! I did take some pics but they're blurred :(

·
281 Posts
How long before the pics of the Golf + girls start to appear?!?!?!?!

·
1,149 Posts
davefish said:
Ah Pauls Lupo, did you get chance to look under the bonnet and see the Eaton charger poking through? :proud::D We had a little play on the way to the show and it was as quick as my R. Fantastic little car. He only finished paintwork on Thursday in a bit of a hurry but he's done a great job, everything came out when he did it....all by himself i might add.

There were some really great cars there and as Dave said w3rkd your car was stunning, i really liked the rear bumper, a nice touch :) My favourites had to be the burgundy colour Vento in top 100 as well as the white mkv white GTi with the red re-trim - a beatiful car.

Overall a great weekend, and the drinking the night before all helped in the spirit of things!

·
815 Posts
Yeah there were some very nice cars there and like said w3rkd also thought you car looked great liked the filler cap and smoothed front.

Although i thought for £10 it was very small i drove an hour an half to spend 45 mins walking round the cars (twice) lol. although i did see a few mates there who i wasnt expecting to see.

Stu

·
2,548 Posts
db7 said:
Ah Pauls Lupo, did you get chance to look under the bonnet and see the Eaton charger poking through?
No I didn't! That little lupo was one of my fave cars at the show. Definitely in my top 5.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts