VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole thing just fell off as I was driving along.. Side bits and all, no good as replacements are expensive !!

·
1,066 Posts
The whole thing just fell off as I was driving along.. Side bits and all, no good as replacements are expensive !!
I believe so. Maybe worth seeing if anyone as a spare in the wanted thread. One of my sides is hanging off. Might try to repair using fibre glass.

Alan

·
494 Posts
My car has never had an undertray in my ownership. They seem to go just as well without to be honest so I wouldn't worry. Out of curiosity
I thought the undertray was just one piece, what are the side parts being spoken of? Pics anyone?

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Dear old ebay to the rescue. needs a good wash but looks ok.
Sold by SRS automotive, same guys behind Darkside Development. i met the northern fella he is sound.

Might help you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Golf-MK4-R32-Engine-Splash-Sheild-Under-Tray-1J0-825-237-AJ-/230986993654?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3AGolf%7CCars+Type%3A3.2+R32+4motion&hash=item35c7e5cff6

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I wouldn`t bother replacing it to be honest as does nothing other then stopping the bottom of the rad pack getting dirty.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talk about a blessing in disguise.. Went to chuck the under tray away today and noticed some oily residue on it, checked under the car and noticed the power steering pipe has a small leak, checked the power steering fluid and it was easy below minimum. I've noticed the steering has become very noisy lately. All fixed now

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm gonna sort one anyway as the car won't be 'right' if you know what I mean...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts