VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get bit more power out of my mk5 r32. The car currently has a milltek cat back a k&n panel filter and a powerfelx bottom engine mount. what would be the best bang for buck a set of front pipes and sports cats or a set of cam's and which ones any help suggestions or advice would be appreciated

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,338 Posts
To buy and fit a set of uprated cam shafts on a R32 your looking at £2000 plus your need a custom remap to gain a few bhp top end.

I sale mk5 down pipes and sport cats at £700 paypal friends or £735 paypal sales delivered which will bolt straight on to your Milltek exhaust. I am waiting for more sport cats to arrive at the moment which are on back order but hopefully have more down pipes and sport cats to be sent in in two weeks .

https://www.r32oc.com/topic/215953-lucifers-custom-made-mk5-res-and-none-res-cat-back-exhaust-systems/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate thanks for the reply what sort of extra bhp gains would I get with one of your cat systems and would it be any louder as I'm not into loud exhausts at the moment its just right for me

·
Registered
744 Posts
Your never going to get great ROI while it's still NA, there are huge threads on another forum about all sorts of upgrades and testing on RRs chasing more NA power (search powerdubs).

Non res and not loud don't usually mix well :) Probably you will be fine with changing the earlier pipes.

·
2,962 Posts
You can achieve more power NA IF your pulling that Head off and getting work done to it.
Its the only way, Slapping Cams is minimal power in comparison to working on the Head.

Costs probably £7-900 on getting work done on head, Throw Cams in at same time, another £1K or just leave it alone.
Then bolting all back, New Head Bolts Gaskets etc, may as well get Chains done too if need be, By the time your bill will be about £4K.
You may as well just bolt a Supercharger on instead!!!

MJ

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,338 Posts
Sport cats sound the same as standard cats on tick over and low revs, when flat out they are 15-20% louder. De-cat pipes are about 40% louder on tick over plus flat out. As to bhp gained best ask who ever you intend to map the car to be honest . Tuning a NA engine isn`t so much about increasing the bhp as your not gain 50 bhp etc if staying NA no matter what thing you fit unlike a turbo engine, it`s more about making max power earlier in the rev range and keeping it all the way to the red line

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can achieve more power NA IF your pulling that Head off and getting work done to it.
Its the only way, Slapping Cams is minimal power in comparison to working on the Head.

Costs probably £7-900 on getting work done on head, Throw Cams in at same time, another £1K or just leave it alone.
Then bolting all back, New Head Bolts Gaskets etc, may as well get Chains done too if need be, By the time your bill will be about £4K.
You may as well just bolt a Supercharger on instead!!!

MJ
this is good information just been adding parts to mine and felt like if i go for the engine itself feel like it would improve so much thank you !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts