VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon...

Am currently looking to upgrade the power on my 32, but would love any advise from anyone...and where to start ??? for the best bhp increases....

Currently looking round for a Mill, but apart from that was does anyone recommend???

Thanks

Jordi Boy

·
1,222 Posts
Hi

It all depends on your budget!

Cheap option would be

1. Full Milltek Exhuast
2. Upgraded Air In Take (CAI)
3. Cams
4. Remap

That would give you about 300 BHP increase of 60BHP from STD

Slightly more expensive would be (£3500)

1. Stage 1 supercharge from VF Engineering (320BHP)

Expensive (£6000+)

1. Stage 2 VF Engineering (360 BHP) or stage 2 Rotrex supercharger (500BHP) or FT360 Turbo from HPA (360BHP)

Very Expensive (£10000+)

1. FT400 or FT450 HPA Turbo (400BHP or 450BHP)

Would like to know what you do for a living (£20000+)

1. Bi-Turbo From HPA Motorsport (550BHP +)
2. Bi-Turbo from HGP (550BHP +)

As you can see it depends on what your budget is, but will all the mods from (£3500) you will need to start changing Brakes etc.. and with FT400 upwards then clutch etc..

Shaun

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

Thanks for the update.

Currently looking for a Milltek non res at momemt, so once have had that fitted what would be the next thing you suggest mate, or does it not matter? as see you have a non res Mill....what did you do from that? car currently standard....so can have some fun with this

Cheers mate

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lo m8,

I'm looking at AmD's stage 2. They remapped my Mk IV 1.8T 6 years ago and it ran like a peach ever since. I'm not sure if these days they are the best guys to go to, but at the time they were certainly well respected and I got great service from them.

Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been speaking to AmD today and I asked if a CAI should be fitted before remap. They recommended a Pipercross panel filter. Any good?

·
616 Posts
bhindibhaji said:
I've been speaking to AmD today and I asked if a CAI should be fitted before remap. They recommended a Pipercross panel filter. Any good?
Panel filter? I can't really see it helping at all but that's just me... If your going to fork out for a panel you may as well get a CAI.

·
305 Posts
deckedr32 is right, panel filters ok, but the way the standard filter box is designed, it cannot get enough air flow to improve performance. a carbonio cai would be your best route, when the guys took there r32s to awesomes rolling road, the cars that had carbonios or cai"s seemed to get the best bhp!

·
2,808 Posts
Checked Awesome's online shop, can't see carbonio on there for Mk5 R32. Is there one out yet?
Pablos007 has got an induction kit of some kind fitted at awesome I think. Im looking to get something in the upcoming month so if you get any news gives us a budge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts