VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, I'm boiling at the moment as to what has just happened to much loved mark 4 R32

basically i got caught out in a flood last night and ended up stuck in it. the car cut out, got it dragged out and towed home and had someone come and look it at today, dried it all out water had got everywhere...
merky oil cap made me look in the dipstip and that was mega high and very merky aswell. took the pistons out and theyre all covered in water etc etc etc etc. water everywhere pretty much.

basically its F***** theres a hole in the side of engine which is where the merky water is now coming out

so new engine. i aint bothered what the cost is but i do not want one that has been rallyed by a 18 year old for its lfe. the only reason i brought this one was cause it was so clean.

if i could i would by a brand new one

i live in essex, if anyone could help me out with where i can get one source one know someone who would fit one. cost aint an issue i want it back how she was

thanks

·
494 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Much the same happened to my car a couple of years back but no where near as deep as your flood by the sounds. I had what I now call a stupid low air intake fitted. It too broke the engine open.
New engine fitted from vw.
I now run the standard airbox....
An expensive lesson to put it mildly.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Lucifer has one for sale

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for all the replys!

i do need to look at getting a new one so i will give this lucifer a shout i think. the only thing i was concerned with buying one was the fact that i spent got money on this car cause of the car condition and the engine condition so im always a little bit concerned when it comes to buying one

anyone ever rebuilt one? i know obviuously lot more money lot more time etc but, anyone recon its more worth while?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
At least you can forge your internals, they are sometimes cheaper than OEM. Rebuild is definitely cheaper than transplant

·
494 Posts
Try vw if you want the best. They supplied a new engine for mine. By doing this you also have price of mind with regard to the chains etc

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Thanks for the mention guys. I have got a complete engine for sale but another forum member has put a deposit on it last week and has until the 1st of September to pay the rest or it is going up for sale again.
Strip the flooded engine and see if it is just the block and bottom end that is damaged or the head as well as you might need just the bottom end. have you thought of claiming on your insurance for this? I know there is a risk they will right the car off but talk to a local garage and get a fitted engine price etc .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agh that's alright mate if they don't buy it let me know and I will possibly look at getting it!

A mate of mine owns a garage and he come over Sunday morning. So it's gonna go down to him soon and he's gonna strip it out and see what the damage is. Thought about insurance but they will kill me on it next year when it comes to renewal!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
maxsharp91 said:
Agh that's alright mate if they don't buy it let me know and I will possibly look at getting it!

A mate of mine owns a garage and he come over Sunday morning. So it's gonna go down to him soon and he's gonna strip it out and see what the damage is. Thought about insurance but they will kill me on it next year when it comes to renewal!
An alternative is buy your engine and get you back on the road then recoup with fixing and improving your old engine to pay for extras :-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts