Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US spec centre console

Lots of lovley cup holders and no more spliing drinks on your stereo or ashtray

Recently imported and no longer required

£125 collected or posted at buyers risk and expence

Located near Heathrow airport for collection or I can meet nearby

Paypal gift or you cover any fees

PM me for a faster response

Zero 7815 Twenty Zero Six Zero Four, no private or witheld calls will be answered, no calls after 9pm, I prefer text or PM

Thanks for looking

·
877 Posts
More than one of the holes, it needs modification on the three mounting holes for the handrake or it's in the wrong position and will catch on the US centre console, well it won't just catch, the US console won't fit at all unless you get a lump hammer on it.

As you can imagine from the console's design the handbrake needs to be angled to the left, towards the passenger seat.

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done it with just two out of the three holes, it was still tight then though, three would be the best bet, you just need to make them slightly oval in shape and angle it the same as on the console.

·
Sausage Fingers
3,706 Posts
The correct bracket is about £11 from VW.

There is also a bloke on eBay from Mexico who will ship these to your door for £95ish

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The correct bracket is about £11 from VW.

There is also a bloke on eBay from Mexico who will ship these to your door for £95ish
Have you bought one or tried to buy one? The fact that you used the ish and the end of the price kinda tells me you haven't, it was £80 delivered actually, but that was a long time ago in a group buy over on UKMIVS and you would have to wait several weeks for delivery and pay customs duty charges on top. £125 is not a bad price considering and who is to say I'm not open to sensible offers.

What I do not understand about people on forums and the internet is, they are very fast to post info without facts on other peoples for sale threads. So anyone possibly thinking of buying this now will be having second thoughts due to you. Thank you very much, in future please keep well away from my posts, admin please feel free to ban me from this forum if you think anything I have said is wrong. I await Desmond's come back, he will say he was just giving members of the OC a heads up... lol

Its posts like yours that ruin forums for people like me...

Thanks again

Reactions: jdcr32 and MJVR6

·
Sausage Fingers
3,706 Posts
Yeah I have tried one in my own car and fitted one in my mates. I also gave Paulie the details of how to buy one.

I gave information on the bracket and a heads up to other members who may be interested. It's hardly spoiling it for you is it?

·
877 Posts
Not mine but you get the idea, these seats might give a little more room than the beefy side bolsters on the Konigs, will have to compare. You can see the compromise is the handbrake moved over to the passenger seat. This also explains that this isn't an issue for the USA guys it is intended for as their right arm will operate the handbrake and they'll have space at the right side of the lever to get hold of it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tempted (my handbrake is already angled - suspect one of these was previously fitted), but the Mexican will also supply the plastic part fitted at the back which accepts the fuel flap release button. Be aware that if you buy this then you'll need to get this extra part from VW - it replaces the small coin-holder piece with 8 slots (correct setup shown in Franko180's post).

Stone

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tempted (my handbrake is already angled - suspect one of these was previously fitted), but the Mexican will also supply the plastic part fitted at the back which accepts the fuel flap release button. Be aware that if you buy this then you'll need to get this extra part from VW - it replaces the small coin-holder piece with 8 slots (correct setup shown in Franko180's post).

Stone
Sorry should said, STONEJAG is correct you need the small part for the fuel switch, this one currently has the coin holder, I'll order one up on Monday from TPS and include it in the sale for the asking price.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How does this fit correctly with out the look of the handbrake going off to the left hence its for left hand drive .... Is there away to make the hand brake strait

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Replied

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
I do have one of these in my car...I actually bought the handbrake lever that goes with it at the same time...it is tight against the passenger seat...but it's nothing to worry about.
I was going to bend the end over to the right a bit...but never got round to it....

I wanted it because of the cup holders....the ones in the car cover the head unit and are a pain in the arse..lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts