VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend recently bought a V6 4motion and asked me what I thought about fitting Volkswagen Racing Sport Springs he sent me this link, see bottom of the page http://www.volksautos.co.uk/performance/

I asked him what he was trying to do and he said he wants to be able to go faster round a corner without the car rolling as much but he doesn't want an upgrade that "smashes" you up and down like an R32. The cheek!

I said I thought if all he wants to do is stop the car rolling as much through a corner and keep the same suspension feel then ARB's would surely be better as that is what they are designed to do.

He's also discovered a hairline crack in the sump that has been previously repaired and is worried if the car is lowered he could hit the sump, again I thought this would;t be an issue with just ARB's but I guess a sump guard wouldn't hurt.

I said I would ask on here to see what the pro's thought?

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is what your friend needs

Cartoon Gesture Font Red Fictional character

ARBs would help the body roll, and springs wouldn't lower it enough to give him sump clearance issues. In my experience ARBs (particularly the rear) give you the best handling improvement for the money. That said, if he's on standard suspension the shocks might be getting on a bit so that could be why it's rolling.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Dad has a standard V6 4 Motion and on the 16 inch standard wheels. He's smashed the sump twice and he drives like Miss Daisy.

ARBS are a good shout though, but lowering stuff is always gonna cause issues. He defo does need to just man the flip up. Haha.

·
1,064 Posts
this is why my 4motion has a r32 engine in it crack the sump and didn't noticed it till it was too late
I now have a diesel geek sump guard
As for lowering springs i found the ones i had too soft and ended up fitting r32 springs/shocks and ARB's as well as the uprights and wishbones

·
1,064 Posts
Will be interested to hear what the vw racing springs are like

The problem I had was the 4motion eibach spring kit is the same as the 1.8t Audi TT so the front springs were a tad on the soft side for my liking
I looked at getting a 3.2 TT kit as they had better spring
But after I broke a rear I fitted the r32 ones
I ran koni shocks with the eibach spring but they are too long to work with the short R32 springs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts