VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in need of a diagnostic scan with VAS PC or help with anything VAG related in and around the areas stated in the title can pm me, i'l be more than happy to help.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Can you do lit needles and miles to empty and other stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too sure with vas pc, i know it can be done with vagcom. I can do 90% of things at dealer level, guided fault finding, self diagnosis, guided functions etc

·
19,389 Posts
i know it can be done with vagcom.
No it can't be done with vagcom, you need Vag Tacho to do lit needles and miles to empty.

Courtesy of Paulie,

Vag-Com (VCDS) is required to do the lock/unlock beeps, auto lock/unlock, selective unlocking, SRI reset etc

Vag-Tacho is required to enable Miles to Empty, Lit Needles, Welcome Message

VDS Pro is required to reprogram the CCM to allow Window Opening/Closing from the keyfob

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
FLORIDA747 said:
Can you do lit needles and miles to empty and other stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'll be at Inters mate with my gear and can do it for you.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never really used vagcom fully only vas pc. As i say if help is needed its avalible with my own ramp also.

·
4,134 Posts
ac_dubz said:
Never really used vagcom fully only vas pc. As i say if help is needed its avalible with my own ramp also.
You did say you were VW tech though so I thought you may be able to answer what I need to know or at least find out relatively easily?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vagcom isnt used in main dealers its either vas pc or odis now. Alot of people on here have vagcom and know more about it. If you read the title again i only deal with vas pc.

·
4,134 Posts
ac_dubz said:
Vagcom isnt used in main dealers its either vas pc or odis now. Alot of people on here have vagcom and know more about it. If you read the title again i only deal with vas pc.
I did read that, I just want to know if the mk4 R32 has the functionality in the UK spec ECU to run DRL's?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im not too certain on mk4s, surely this question has been asked on here before i would imagine.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
2,204 Posts
What software / lead do you need to code a new keyfob to the car?

I bought a new key ages ago but was reluctant to pay VW £65 to code it, on top of the £140 the key cost!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
CorradoR32 said:
What software / lead do you need to code a new keyfob to the car?

I bought a new key ages ago but was reluctant to pay VW £65 to code it, on top of the £140 the key cost!
Vcds for keys as long as you have your SKC code. Otherwise vag tacho is also needed to retrieve your SKC.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats one thing i cant do is code keys outside of with vas pc as i need to be connected to a vw sever for security etc. I can adapt the fob buttons to the vehicle for locking and unlocking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can you do DSG reset/checks? I saw somewhere that you can make the DSG re-calibrate itself which can sometimes give you quicker shifts and better downshift blips.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can re adapt the mechatronic unit within the gearbox to effectivley reset it, but it wouldnt make the gear changes quicker it may just make them smoother. You can try a DSG oil and filter change and adaptive roadtest for best results if your having greef with yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts