VW Golf R32 Forum banner

VCDS

875 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andy4motion 
#1 ·
does anyone have VCDS In or around inverclyde... Just outside glasgow?

Have a slight issue with the engine fan coming on and off randomly, sometimes even at a cold start ( never done this before ) coolant levels are all ok and engine temp never goes above 90

had the car in at my local garage but for some reason there system couldnt read the car. Was just wondering if anyone could hook theres up before i take it to VW and have to work some OT

Cheers Guys

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Apologies, not sure if the same information applies to the MK5.

#6 ·
Hi cuprabob.. i read the forum thread you attached where JAB TATT had said his fan was only working with the ac on, my fan come on when ac is on or off, there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, sometimes even come on first thing in the morning when the engines cold.. would this be an issue similar to that of that you mentioned with the mk IV?

#7 ·
Not to sure to be honest. First thing to check is to see if the fans run on low speed with the air con on (Eco off). That will at least prove if the low speed resistorsvwithin the fans are intact.

There doesn't seem to be as many fan issues with the MK5 as there were on the MK4.

If it's totally random it may be the fan controller.

#8 ·
9 times out of 10 it'll be the resistors! Here's a test you can do....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.