VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i am sure a few have you have seen that John_C had his car broken into recently http://www.r32oc.com/showthread.php?t=983

All i will say is that the mk4 golf is probably one of the easiest cars to break into. I will not say how they can get in but if people want to know i will let them know whrough pm.

But VW have produced a pack called a 'delocking kit' which is basically a metal disc which is around the size of a 5p which when you remove your lock mecanism you glue into the recess, and then you have a houseing and cap to over this. This essentually eliminates the drivers lock mechanism meaning the thief has no more access that way. It will also add as a deterant as the thief will think if there are two mk4s in a car park, one with a delock kit and another without, you know he will break into the one without which would take 2 mins to get in and also wouldnt set the alarm off :banghead:

So i really really advise everyone with a mk4 to do this mod. Here are the part numbers:

1K4839167 Housing
3B4839879AGRU Cap
You need METALDISK. It does have a part number and I forgot it (DOH). Its the most important part but is just a small metal disk that sits inside the housing. The parts dept should have all this at your local stealers.

hth

andrew

***delocking guide here***

Delocking diy guide - R32OC | VW Golf R32 Owners Club

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps its only a 5 minsute job to install once the cap has been painted.

You could do this yourself with a spray can of vw paint and some wet and dry :)

·
616 Posts
I was under the impression there was a software update to prevent this from happening? Mine's delocked anyway but I had been told that they had cured the problem, as this was shown on TV years ago!

·
277 Posts
could you let me know ,mate i have got a good steering lock, but wouldn't mind knowing, for future, i think im going to do the de-locking business.

Thanks

Guy

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I got mine on ebay ready painted, but there in primer as standard from the dealer.

Guy the steering lock aint going to stop them breaking in tho, I mean de-locking just gives them no option but to break glass. And that would set the alarm off.

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had heard that the update is meant to stop this. But that was supposed to be out before they bought out the r32s and be included on the r32s, but it still happens?

Dont think you can get them ready painted but am sure vw would do it for you or a friendly paintshop.

Another thing to do is to put a switch inline with a certain fuse which turns the ecu off, so even if they get in they wont be able to steal it unless they find the switch.

·
616 Posts
pomme said:
Another thing to do is to put a switch inline with a certain fuse which turns the ecu off, so even if they get in they wont be able to steal it unless they find the switch.
I think John has a Revo Remap so in this instance you can use the SPS device that disables the ECU rather than a switch, I also have it on my GIAC map. Good idea though!
I'm still really surprised that this has happened..... As I said before mines delocked but it was done from new, so I'm going to have to check if VW put the metal cover on the slot!

·
748 Posts
Everyone just get it done Iam so gutted!!!

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah if you have giac or the revo then this is pretty useful but i am def going to be doing this this week and have the switch hidden then its pretty safe except if they bring a tow truck.

·
277 Posts
Just bought a set, looks like i know what i'll be doing Saturday morning! Sorry i had to find out about this Mod is such a shit way, hopefully you can feel alittle better John knowing your helping us out and stick our middle finger up at the little thieving gits!!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts