VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have them? Is anyone interested in getting them?

As I will soon have the HPA FT360 turbo kit installed in my R32 I am considering the idea of having the engine mounts installed too. The rear dog bone/pendulum engine mount is a notorious weak-spot on the MkIV Golf platform.

Click here] to be taken to learn more about these products

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, all the guys over on Vortex LOVE these mounts and I may have picked up a full set for £265 including shipping that came off a written-off US R32.

I will keep you all posted on this.

·
1,105 Posts
that is cheap
i have just ordered the whole set for mine
hafizur

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YAY confirmed I have picked up the full set for £242.21 :) Bearing in mind they retail for approx £150 each normally.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woo, I have received the mounts now. Just need to wait until the rest of my ordered goodies arrive ready for en-masse installation :)

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
nice, im seriously considering supercharging. i dont know, i want an aggresive turbo but a supercharger just seems more refined ¬_¬

·
624 Posts
Fifty - i've heard these could be a little harsh for road use so will be intersting to hear how you get on with them

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard the same but at the same time I have been told that they drastically reduce engine movement compared to OEM mounts. I will report back in due course, most likely to get them fitted when I have my FT360 turbo kit installed on June 4th.

Wayne, the HPA range of turbo kits are toned-down in comparison to the EIP turbo kits so I can understand you swaying toward a supercharger. Now that The Phirm are a reliable EIP installer for the turbo kits you may wish to consider their Stage II offering. Im still a fan of HPA I have to admit owing to their unsurpassed reliability and general work and customer services ethic.

·
616 Posts
They are a little harsh..... They do make the car vibrate at some RPM but they do give the car little more of a solid base, it feels a lot more like a race car, rather than a Golf. The engine feels planted when letting off the power, where before the engine felt like it would pull forward.
Good investment if you don't mind the vibrations :top:

·
344 Posts
ok after searching i found this old thread, i'm in the process of changing my engine mounts (got one thats on its way out so thought stuff it might as well change them all) & can't make up my mind tbh whether to go for VF or Vibra-Technics all round. On my old Rado VR i've used the VT mounts before and found them to be excellent but the VF mounts seem to get good reviews for the Mk4 plus can be sourced for better money from the states where the dollars so weak at the mo!

Can anyone please add their experiences of either type?

Deckedr32 would be very interested in anything else you have to add please mate, do you still find they transmit vibrations at all?

·
1,838 Posts
Would not go for the VF one's myself as they are rock hard.Had some made for mine by vibratechnics?they feel pretty good(keep it really tight and don't give loads of vibration).Hope this helps:wink:

·
344 Posts
I'm sure the TT-Shop / TT-Roadsport sell the VF mounts / kits as i remember seeing them on display when i was having my Haldex blue fitted there a few months ago.

Alternatively if you don't mind buying from outside the UK them i'd highly recomend 'ECS Tuning' in the states, with the dollar on its arse still even with the import duty & VAT could still be a cheap option, great service too:-
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...model=&category=Drivetrain&subcategory=Mounts

HTH
tamzr32 said:
anyone know where i can get this mount kit in the uk vf mount kit latest edtion.thanks .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts