VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wanted to gage the interest out their for a production run of double sided serpentine belts suitable for the vf engineering supercharger. A friend of mine has one fitted to his mk4 r32 and we've had a hell of a time finding the right sized belt in the uk.
We could pay 75bucks from the US but that seems a little rich. I have been in touch with a belt maker here in the UK who can do them much cheeper £15-20, but they need a minimum order of 23!

The belt fitted to my friends is a 6DPK1440, but I see vf spec a 1430, if there was interest we'd have to reach a consensus on the size we all wanted, I'm sure the tensioner would take up a little slack so some variation from spec is probably ok.

Thanks

Iain

·
3,137 Posts
the belts for the different stages of VF are different sizes, so it depends if folk have stage 1 or stage 2

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
Id be interested in a belt once quality as been assured.

Stage 2 is also different as you can run a 2.4'' pulley or VF pulley which is 2.62''

If there was a generic length and width used across all stages im sure a UK manufacturer would of made them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the belt catalogue, not looking to make anything out of this (except secure a supply for the uks supercharged) so feel free to look it over http://www.intechbearing.com/PIX_Belt_Catalogue-Intech.pdf

We would be looking at the pix-duo-xc belts. They have a distributor near me in ipswich so I can pop in and take a look at some standard stock items from the same range before going ahead with the run.

·
3,301 Posts
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

The belt is a 6 rib 1395 double sided belt. You may not be able to find it as we have this belt made for us.
I [/background]

I had this sent to me by Dubzter a while back whilst looking for a replacement belt,does the 1395 mean length of the belt????
for stage 1.

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE said:
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] The belt is a 6 rib 1395 double sided belt. You may not be able to find it as we have this belt made for us. I [/background] I had this sent to me by Dubzter a while back whilst looking for a replacement belt,does the 1395 mean length of the belt???? for stage 1.
Get a piece of string and put a mark on it then measure it against your belt then measure the string

·
3,137 Posts
I did get that info direct from VF, the stage one belt is shorter as stage 2 has an idler which stage 1 doesn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

The belt is a 6 rib 1395 double sided belt. You may not be able to find it as we have this belt made for us.
I [/background]

I had this sent to me by Dubzter a while back whilst looking for a replacement belt,does the 1395 mean length of the belt????
for stage 1.
Indeed the long number is the length, so 1395 is the length of the shorter belt from VF. My friends has a 1440 of unknown origin, so I guess he has a stage 1.

·
3,137 Posts
1395 is stage 1 as that is what I have and that is the info VF sent to me, 1440 must be the stage 2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, there wasn't much interest, or at least enough to justify a run of production. So we bit the bullet and ordered one from the vf site... However we're still waiting, I have opened a case with paypal to see if that gets a response, nothing so far. If vf have gone under/lost interest then we'll have no choice but to get some made.

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
It will take ages for VF to get organised!

Email sales they are usually good,

And also the shipping is set wrong for the belt on their website so that's usually a hold up also

·
2,962 Posts
Nik Saran use to be the guy in UK North London who use to deal with all the set ups in regards to VF Chargers.
Obviously now in USA having set up http://vf-engineering.com/
Ive never come across a prob with them, been on the phone&emails too.
Always on point.

They designed a new belt 2 years back, no belt slip etc.
Different material than the norm.
Different pulleys different belts.

Due to one bad experience, please make sure peoples that you get the correct size and correct ribs.

·
3,137 Posts
I've never had a problem dealing with VF direct in the states even though I bought my kit second hand with no warranty etc they were always good to deal with. The one time I did order a belt it took quite a while to get delivered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.