VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this last night. When at full lock (or nearly full lock), I hear/feel noise coming from front of car when turning left or right. It doesn't come from any particular side. My passenger side strut mount also started twanging about a month back. Could they be related? I've checked for the wheels rubbing against arches but these look ok. (tho' it does sound like this).
I thought maybe CV joints but they make a clicking sound when broke.
Help......:unsure:

·
284 Posts
hi mate i think it will be the same thing thats up with mine, its the rubber at the top of the shockers, i had mine it at the garage just last week for the exact same thing, he gave it a good going over because i recently bought it, and its all superb and intact but the noise was doing my nut in so we had a right good look and noticed it was the rubber grinding against the metal instead of turning with it, so i hope this helps
i dont get any vibrations at all just a noise when on full lock or parking its not expensive either if its just the rubbers.
i bought a mk4 r32 start of december, i have a mk4 v5 and loved it kept talking about it then i had a shot of a 32 and thought i have to have one and thankfully i got what i want a spanking clean sliver r32 53plate this is my favourite shape!
wwr32

1 - 2 of 2 Posts