VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a smart Viera, and I would like to use the web browser so I bought a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse in one. I set it up and it's pretty laggy. Mouse especially!

I think I need to do it via my laptop correct? If so what cable would I require?

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Doesn't using a cable defeat the purpose of having a smart TV?? I thought they were purely wireless?? Or is it still connected to the Sky box and the phone line??

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan-H said:
Doesn't using a cable defeat the purpose of having a smart TV?? I thought they were purely wireless?? Or is it still connected to the Sky box and the phone line??
Yeah it's wireless to everything apart from
TV - laptop.

I can use the browser on the TV with wireless keyboard and mouse but the keyboard and mouse is laggy. I'm wondering if I wired up the laptop of it would be less laggy

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Yeah it's wireless to everything apart from
TV - laptop.

I can use the browser on the TV with wireless keyboard and mouse but the keyboard and mouse is laggy. I'm wondering if I wired up the laptop of it would be less laggy
Well my TV isn't a smart one so i connect the laptop to it via HDMI and it's a mirror image of the laptop, no lag at all.. Maybe that's the way to go or you could try AV forums for a solution, see what they have to say..

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryan-H said:
Well my TV isn't a smart one so i connect the laptop to it via HDMI and it's a mirror image of the laptop, no lag at all.. Maybe that's the way to go or you could try AV forums for a solution, see what they have to say..
Hmmm my laptop ain't hdmi. USB?

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Hmmm my laptop ain't hdmi. USB?
USB won't work because it has no sound processing capabilities. It's just mass storage. HDMI splits the audio channels to give you the sound when not using the TV as a main source for the sound, failing that you'd need to use a composite connection i think (Red/white/yellow) and laptops don't come with that. The other problem is, the TV usually only sees TV, DVD, and HDMI as acceptable inputs these days. You could try VGA via a serial cable but i've no suggestions other than that??

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ryan-H said:
USB won't work because it has no sound processing capabilities. It's just mass storage. HDMI splits the audio channels to give you the sound when not using the TV as a main source for the sound, failing that you'd need to use a composite connection i think (Red/white/yellow) and laptops don't come with that. The other problem is, the TV usually only sees TV, DVD, and HDMI as acceptable inputs these days. You could try VGA via a serial cable but i've no suggestions other than that??
Much appreciated ill keep digging :)

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NuttyR32 said:
I just use a Logitech wireless mouse and the app as a keyboard. Can be temperamental at times but when it's working its pretty good.
Ahh ok, I got the 2 in 1 Logitech. Ill get the mouse tomorrow. Is yours laggy or slow?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NuttyR32 said:
I see. Have you tried playing about with the game mode on picture settings? Don't know if it will make a difference , worth a try .
Ill try just now :)

I take it you have one? How do you find it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah I think it's class , it's the 1st smart tv I've had! Bit pee'd off at the fact I cant USB HDD record on my model! I should of read the spec closer!!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NuttyR32 said:
Yeah I think it's class , it's the 1st smart tv I've had! Bit pee'd off at the fact I cant USB HDD record on my model! I should of read the spec closer!!
You got an E6?

·
1,927 Posts
I have that TV. The iPad app works pretty well and if you have photos or videos on the iPad you can display them on the TV. The Internet browser is next to useless, though, so I don't use it much.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts