VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, can you all vote on this, do you want the shoutbox on all pages or just the front?

Dave has rightfully mentioned that if you have the new top section on every page, it may be a bit intrusive, but let me know.

G

·
Is there any way it can be set by the user i.e. you can choose to have it on every page?

If not then it might be a bit intrusive.

·
4,328 Posts
Yeah i can see why it would get in the way, but then you could be looking at other stuff on the site whilst contributing to the shoutbox at the same time :)

G

·
pomme said:
you could be looking at other stuff on the site whilst contributing to the shoutbox at the same time :)
That is the only reason to do it I think. I really like the shoutbox and think it has a lot to offer this site.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
It's a difficult one, as not everyone uses it. However I like to use it and therefore I voted in favour. Saying that tho, I'd like to see a screen shot of how a thread page would look with the shout box on, as I may change my mind if it's too intrusive. I tend to have 2 windows open. One has the homepage (and shoutbox) on, and the other I use to browse the forum :top:

·
4,328 Posts
Yeah exactly why i said all pages, as i only use it very very occasionally, but think if it was on all pages you couldnt get me off the site :)

but then its probably best to keep it to the front page then :shot:

G

·
Just on the front page I'd suggest. Takes up a fair bit of room and I like to scroll through a whole thread - it would mean reading in a small window.

·
5,616 Posts
Cheers Wayne

See thats actually not that bad at all, I'm all in favour :top:

·
716 Posts
It is cool to have one, but i voted no, as with me using middle mouse wheel, i scroll pages on that, so if the cursor is over the shoutbox, you end up scrolling that instead of the main page, and that can be a little annoying.

Just my opinion, or am i too new to have one...eekk..:dontknow: :)

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Mattchaps said:
It's a difficult one, as not everyone uses it. However I like to use it and therefore I voted in favour. Saying that tho, I'd like to see a screen shot of how a thread page would look with the shout box on, as I may change my mind if it's too intrusive. I tend to have 2 windows open. One has the homepage (and shoutbox) on, and the other I use to browse the forum :top:
I also have two windows open as above ,Would like to keep as it is (But have the shout box with the NEW messages at the bottom of the shoutbox screen)............................................What do you think ? :dontknow:

·
3,137 Posts
don't really use it so I voted no

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
i reckon just on main page, like kraft mentioned sometimes when you scroll down the page it will scroll the shout box and then start to scroll the page down. is it possible to do it in a windows live messenger (msn) kind of way? just an idea

·
1,084 Posts
Sorry, not in favour.

It doesn't help when you're trying to sneek a peek at the site in a small window whilst at work!

It's too difficult to post to threads and carry on a shoutbox conversation at the same time anyway.

Keep up the good work Wayne, and thanks for asking our opinion :top:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts