VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a car clear out to make way for a new project so my daily driver is up for sale.

It's a 1982 5 door Mk1 Golf CL in Monza Blue. Has the 1.5L engine and 3 speed Auto box. Engine and box all run as sweet as a nut. The engine purrs like a sewing machine.
Has a genuine 60K miles on the clock with full service history up until about 2002 when the book ran out of pages! Has full 12 months MOT and tax. Just flew through MOT with no advisories.

Exterior

Finished in Monza blue, it has the usual bits of rust associated with a golf of this age. Small area under the front window rubber is bubbling as is a small area around the back window. The front wings have had some recent rust repair and so still have patches of primer on. A few other little rust spots but nothing structural or major. The underside is solid as a rock.

Interior

Original blue carpets, with MK1 Scirroco seats and original bench seat finished in cream leather. Cream leather door cards as well.

Wheels + suspension

Coilovers fitted all round, not sure on make but unseized and height adjustable. Wheels are 15" Gas burner reps and look great on the car. Wheels could do with a refurb as some corrosion on the polished surfaces. No curb damage though. Tyres are like new. Only done about 2K miles. New rear wheel bearings recently fitted as well as a new CV joint.

Engine
1.5l standard engine apart from K&N panel filter and a full stainless custom exhaust system from the manifold back. 3 Speed auto box really is nippy. Don't let the auto put you off. It's a great for cruising about.

This has been used as my daily car since january. Would be ideal for someone looking for the same, or wouldn't take too much work to make a show car. Also ideal starting point for an engine swap :wink:

I'm looking for a round £2200 ONO

Any more photos or info, just contact me.
You can get me on 07712 180050

Car is in congleton, cheshire

recent photos of the patched areas on front wings

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you guys finding these cheap gti's?? I've not found any that don't need a lot of work for under £3k??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts