VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the induction kit of the car(for some reason the gf didnt like the noise),anyway i have now noticed the hesitation when accelerating like you floor it then it kind of pauses then goes again so im thinking car needs the ecu update.Thing is garage i bought car from was not a vw garage but did get a years warranty with it so as for the update do i need to see the garage i bought the car from or do i go to my local vw garage and say to them.Also as it was a recall i take it they need to do it if it hasnt been done

Thanks

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
It wasn't a recall as such, but if the car ever goes into vw it should come up on the system when they plug it in that it needs doing. They can also check if it's already been done, even with the update done mine still hesitates every now and then, it's no where near as bad but it does do it. I was out of warranty when mine was done and it cost me £45 but included in that was them trying to fault find my heated rear screen, i don't know whether vw will accept your non vw warranty or not, but it's not an expensive fix even if you do have to pay :)

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aw well my nearest vw garage is 2 hours away in inverness so im going down there in a week so i might pop in and see what there sayin

·
3,137 Posts
to be honest they shouldn't charge for it. Hawco did mine but I had to tell them about it.

·
3,137 Posts
oh yeah if you've got access to VAG Com it will tell you if you've had the update or not. If you don't and want it checked just give me a shout

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
eatthisvr6 said:
you anywhere near stoke mate??
dubzter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts