VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting quite frequent CD ERROR messages from my VW cd changer. Its getting a bit annoying. Occurs when trying to change disk, just says CD ERROR and wont play that disk, tries to skip to next cd. Changer is in the boot. The wierd thing is, later on it will manage to play that Cd. Anyone come across this problem before??

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Yes, me! Just started getting it after 18 months of happy listening!

Might get Chris at CCA to have a look on Sunday, hoping it's just the lens that needs a clean.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Boys and Boys,

this is a common problem, the laser more than likely needs replacing, not cleaning, if you clean it whatever dirt on it gets draged across the lense causing more scratches. I'll happily have a look but its not gonna be good news i dont think.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Chorley Car Audio said:
Boys and Boys,

this is a common problem, the laser more than likely needs replacing, not cleaning, if you clean it whatever dirt on it gets draged across the lense causing more scratches. I'll happily have a look but its not gonna be good news i dont think.
sounds like mattchaps will be having a head install while his car is being used for detail demos, nice.

·
5,616 Posts
Chorley Car Audio said:
Boys and Boys,

Nightmare! And bloody typical timing too :argh:

SWC said:
sounds like mattchaps will be having a head install while his car is being used for detail demos, nice.
Noooo, don't put ideas into my head... Those Alpine screens look damn nice tho! :biggrin:

Credit card is staying at home on Sunday!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Mattchaps said:
Nightmare! And bloody typical timing too :argh:

Noooo, don't put ideas into my head... Those Alpine screens look damn nice tho! :biggrin:

Credit card is staying at home on Sunday!
And Guess What Matt....i've got a brand new, only been out for 5 days, Alpine IVA W502 DVD Screen in stock. DVD, CD, MP3, DivX, FULL iPod control, Touchscreen etc etc.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Alpine!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Chorley Car Audio said:
And Guess What Matt....i've got a brand new, only been out for 5 days, Alpine IVA W502 DVD Screen in stock. DVD, CD, MP3, DivX, FULL iPod control, Touchscreen etc etc.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Alpine!!!!
shame Ive just spent all my money on a milly, looks like its destined for one car and one car only. lol.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds very good, not intrusive and a definite improvement over standard. Will be down on Sunday if ya want to hear it lols.

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my car still has about 8 months of VW warranty so will get them to foot the bill if I can!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
See Stuart, Kids ARE useful for something, Like excuses for coming to your favourite Car Audio Shop!!!! ; )

·
Registered
364 Posts
just remind me not to accept any cookies though they sound like they have milk all over them now :vroam:

·
5,616 Posts
Chorley Car Audio said:
That sounds very, very nice!

You can show it to me on Sunday!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mattchaps said:
That sounds very, very nice!

You can show it to me on Sunday!
me too, I wouldnt mind a look at this myself, you could always fit it in my car while I demo it for a few months, :dong:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Ha ha, i just got to tell you both that Mattconni bought the W502 and we fitted it into his work car yesterday, a Ford Ranger, looked and sounded superb....Now i have an Alpine IVA W505 in stock and Paulie has just bought that, its being fitted on sunday so you can both stand behind the dribble guard and dribble away!!!

Oh, and if there's any special stock requests for sunday, let me know and i'll try and get whatever you need in stock...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts