VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my .:R in for its 30k mile service this morning.

I left my car in to them showing an average of 28mpg on trip 1 and after they serviced it and then took if for a test drive (which I claim wasnt necessary as they only changed the oil) the average mpg on trip 1 was 20.1 mpg. They had not reset it or anything as it was still showing miles, time etc from this morning.

Please tell me if I am wrong but did the mechanic rev the shit out of my car during the test drive?

He must of done to get the average mpg from 28 to 20.1!!!

The vw dealer is on a dual carriageway so its not like he was sitting in town traffic and he was only away about 5 minutes.

When I rang to speak to the service manager to ask him what way the mechanic was driving my car they told me he was off today.

So I asked to speak to the general manager.

He said he would ask the mechanic if he was driving my car hard. LOL As if the mechanic was going to put his hands up to that one.

All the general manager could say was "did you buy the car from us" - like that really mattered!!!

NOT HAPPY WITH THEM AND WONT BE BACK THERE.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The mpg indicator usually resets each journey so if he's only driven it around the block it may well not have got up to the correct mpg, I've seen mine be at only 13mpg if i just nip to the shop which is less than half a mile.

That said, I'm sure most mechanics would give it a little. (I know i would)

I've heard of people using half a tank etc when the cars left at the dealers !! now that is a p*ss take.

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
macdaddy said:
The mpg indicator usually resets each journey so if he's only driven it around the block it may well not have got up to the correct mpg, I've seen mine be at only 13mpg if i just nip to the shop which is less than half a mile.

That said, I'm sure most mechanics would give it a little. (I know i would)

I've heard of people using half a tank etc when the cars left at the dealers !! now that is a p*ss take.
Trip 1 seems to reset itself if the car isnt driven for a certain perod of time. But today at the dealers I know it wasnt reset cause the time was 1 hr 16 mins.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
even so, 20mpg isnt giving it a good caneing

If i proper do that in mine it ends up 13-16 mpg

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
macdaddy said:
even so, 20mpg isnt giving it a good caneing

If i proper do that in mine it ends up 13-16 mpg
I thought it was since it started out at 28mpg and he was only away 5 mins.

·
110 Posts
I took mine into the stealers a few months back to check my offside xenon as the side light kept blowing. The fault was fixed but having taken my mileage when i dropped it off (including picture with phone showing date and time) i found 6 miles had been racked up on the clock !!. Was not amused, so kicked up a fuss and after about a month they gave in and offered me a years free warranty which i accepted and have never been back since. Stealers are for the most part a bunch of to**ers to be honest :2up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts