VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Wouldn't have had the same result in a mk4 :tongue:

To be fair though the Type R's are a lot lighter and a complete weapon on the track! They look great fun to hoon around in :cool:

·
264 Posts
Very impressive...iv always liked the Integra DC5's but they are just not available here! :(

G

·
jimmyca69 said:
:confused:

You not from UK then?
He lives in Gibraltar.

I nearly bought a DC5 once - really liked them were as rare as rocking horse sh1t at one point but they aren't as scarce any more.

·
1,149 Posts
DC5's are very very nice! I looked at one before i bought the R!

·
264 Posts
Iv started to get into all this jap crap as some people call it. Been looking at some EK9 Civic Type R's and some Integra DC5's, they are all about the 9k mark...quite interesting. Im off to Uni in september and my sis got a car when she went so hopefully il be able to get a car too. Are insurance companies abit stricter with people who old a licence which is not a UK licence? :) And yes jimmyca69...i am from Gibraltar, southern tip of spain :) Cheers for that Khutula! ;)

·
748 Posts
Love the way you only hear a good 'ol V6 soundtrack from outside the cars.... !

·
2,808 Posts
I duno if I believe these jap vids, theres loads where they pitch banzai motors against euro cars and suprise suprise they always come from the back and win.
Either the drivers are so used to driving and probably owning these rice racers or theyr just fixed.
The fact that the DC5 over took the R32 at 100+ speeds is surely a bit sceptical, this is where the R would be gettin away!?
Dont get me wrong honda type R's are good cars (Iv had one) but I do think these vids are slightly bias.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DC5 std vs R32 MK4 or MK5 std - on track DC5 would win every time IMO

60-100 the DC5 is a good 2-3 secs quicker i'd say than the Mk4 and thats from owning both. So quite plausable it would pass the R32.

But i agree a lot of the vids are Jap biased, they also tend to favour the "new" car so if say comparing EK9 and EP3 or EP3 and FD2 the new car is always the winner. Sometimes you can even see the drivers changing early etc to make sure its right outcome :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts