VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
I doubt it because as far as I know the 3.6 lump is to big to fit in the engine bay of a golf.

·
106 Posts
i heard they were gona do a golf RS as the new range topper, with a 280bhp version of to 2 ltr turbo in the gti...but i duno if it is gona happen. but i rekon there will be a new range topper before the mkv ends production.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the 3.6 lump fits in the mk4 golf as osme one on the site has nearly finished the conversion. im sure they can make it fit the mk5 its actually more compact i belive as its only a 10 degree v instead of the current 15 degree in the 3.2

·
1,485 Posts
Just repeating what I was told lads.

·
716 Posts
When i collected my car, i asked about a new Golf, and what it will be. He said that is would more than likey be the R36 in the mk6 golf. The thing that looks like a A3 in a kind of way, but better..:)

·
36 Posts
VW are in a big shake down on cost cutting, hence the MkVI will address the cost issues encountered with the V. IMHO it's highly unlikely we'll see anything bigger than the 3.2 until the MKVI comes out for this reason alone....

Sources in the industry have given cost as the reason that the R36 idea was shelved until MKVI production is well underway...

·
6,197 Posts
I am afraid you are VERY wrong...the r36 engine fits the Mk4 and MK5 same as an r32 lump just stroked and bored with FSI.....I know this as I have one sitting in my MK4 engine bay at the moment....

EdHoskins said:
I doubt it because as far as I know the 3.6 lump is to big to fit in the engine bay of a golf.

·
6,197 Posts
Still getting it all together at the mo engine has to come out again to fit performance clutch but should sound very nice through the Milltek.
R32 mad said:
Whats that 3.6 lump sound like compared to the 3.2?
This is what an R36 engine looks like in a mk4....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts