VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm just about to order a new R here in Tokyo, and am considering speccing the SatNav system (costs about a grand).

I plan to bring the car back to the UK in a few years, and I want to know if the UK maps can be loaded onto the HDD?

My dealer here says he suspects not, has anybody had any experience of this? I presume UK spec includes Europe-wide mapping, so this is not an issue for more local imports.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 07 R and my maps are on DVD not HDD.

Maybe it's a totally different system?

And i'm not going to check as it scares me but I think the UK sat-nav was around £1800.

·
3,732 Posts
if it all goes wrong just buy a tomtom or something similar when you get over here and keep the screen for dvds. although saying that if your over there i'd get the tomtom before you leave and buy the euro maps

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they are all different units over here actually, I was checking out the UK accessories catalogue. They all have TV tuners and stuff, and aren't Blaupunkt. I'm just waiting for confirmation for the London dealer I asked.

I think I'll do as you suggest and get an aftermarket one. When I get back to UK (already got a crappy cheap one here).

Cheers for quick replies, I didn't think I'd get any.

James (need to sort out a sig and avatar really!)

·
110 Posts
Tokyo Dub said:
I think they are all different units over here actually, I was checking out the UK accessories catalogue. They all have TV tuners and stuff, and aren't Blaupunkt. I'm just waiting for confirmation for the London dealer I asked.

I think I'll do as you suggest and get an aftermarket one. When I get back to UK (already got a crappy cheap one here).

Cheers for quick replies, I didn't think I'd get any.

James (need to sort out a sig and avatar really!)
This link should give you the info you need mate.

http://www.satnavsystems.com/shopexd.asp?id=111

1 - 7 of 7 Posts