VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped along to a VAG meet @ brands Hatch last night. Being held on the last Wednesday of every month. Is a great location with a bar and plenty of parking. It had a really good turnout and if anyone else fancies it, I'd recommend it!
Sorry about the crappy pics....

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he has the FT400, we both went for blasts in each others cars... It was a good night! He's even tempting me to strip out the rear seats

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
How did you find the FT400 compared to yours Decked?

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did feel more powerful than mine in boost and I do like the power delivery of the turbo as the VF does feel very stock, just with a lot more power. But I wasn't running the race file last night as I didn't have hi octane fuel (100 ron), mine keeps pulling harder and harder where the turbo fizzles out (doesn't fizzle out, it just doesn't pull as hard).
I think we both came to the assumption that it would be very close. The HPA is very stock at idle and from the outside can't be seen, where you can see the intercooler on mine (I prefer mine, he prefers his).
Mine sounds like a weapon and it's really throaty all the time, where the HPA sounded simple until the turbo was spooling, and the exhaust note was lost, even with the Milltek full system (same as mine). Every gear the HPA popped and I really like that! But for it to be heard it had to be driven.
He has had his fair share of problems mind, which you have to expect when you start bolting on things like this, new rear diffs, lamba probes regularly (£100 a pop and we have 6 of them) custom pipes that don't come with the kit etc, but I don't think he's that bothered.
At the end of the day it's his daily driver so it can't be that bad. For the money I'd still go VF, but if money's no object it's HPA all the way!
Would I swap my kit for an HPA? No, it's an awesome piece of kit and does drive hard but I like the characteristics of the V6.
If I were offered an HPA kit, would I have it? Hell yeah!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Sweet summary Decked. Makes the idea of forced induction even more difficult having someone who has now driven both!

·
1,222 Posts
I really enjoyed your reading your review, however you have made me more confused about which route to take! I was looking at fitting a turbo or buying an R32 with a turbo. now I might rethink and go supercharged.

It is amazing, i started out supercharged changed to Turbo now back on supercharger route. will you be going to the next meeting? and if so would you take me for a spin in your car so I can feel the power of Stage 2 supercharged?

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zirconium said:
I really enjoyed your reading your review, however you have made me more confused about which route to take! I was looking at fitting a turbo or buying an R32 with a turbo. now I might rethink and go supercharged.

It is amazing, i started out supercharged changed to Turbo now back on supercharger route. will you be going to the next meeting? and if so would you take me for a spin in your car so I can feel the power of Stage 2 supercharged?
I think if I was offered it on a plate i'd go HPA, but there is something about the VF that gives me a smile every time, not sure if it's the noise or what, but I like it! Provided I get the car back.... It had a faulty clutch fitted or something like that, I will be going to the next meet (the 26th I think) and yeah, you can even take it out if you want! :151:

·
1,222 Posts
Thanks, look forward to meeting you! what time does it start? because I could only leave at 6pm then about 1 hour maybe a little more drive.

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think around 6:30, I'll confirm tomorrow.... The gates shut at 10:30 IIRC. All I'll say is bring some drink as the bar is bloody expensive! I'll see if I can get Alex along with his HPA :trytofly:

·
38 Posts
This was a good meet. Good idea taking your own food and drink, it is not cheap. But then again if no one buys anything maybe that takes away the profit element for brands, and they may not see it being worth while....just a thought.

See you there!!

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
1,222 Posts
If it is happening then I will be there, already told the boss I want to leave work 1 hour early to come home get the R out then travel up :tee:

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool, hopefully I'll be there in my R, otherwise I'll be in a silver 5 door R. I know my mate James will be there in a dark Blue R (3 door) so keep your eyes out for him. If I do get mine back I may be a tad late....
Fingers crossed the weather hold out......

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Baradona, I saw your car but I couldn't find you... I went in to get a coffee and when I came out after a very very long queue you had gone...:argh: Sorry!
Everyone else, it was nice to meet you! (I won't remember your names:embarassed:) Good turnout but it was a bit nippy.

·
102 Posts
Were you parked at the end furthest from the Kentagon, same side of the road as me? I saw a couple of MkIVs but saw what looked like a little naughtiness behind the front grill...

I ran away from the cold in the end. Long way to go too (North London via Croydon)

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
baradona said:
what looked like a little naughtiness behind the front grill...
Probably be me.... I don't balme you, it was bloody cold :flybye:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts