VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Mk4 R32 as previously posted, from VW. Put my private plate on retention and its taking ages to get the paperwork through. The VW guy said it would take 10 days to get it done by VW and I might get it done quicker if I go to the DVLA and sort it myself. Well I did that, what a load of bollocks. Its taking ages, been 10 days already, they said it could take 4-6 weeks at worst!

Snuck into the VW compound yesterday evening at about 9pm with my mate to take a look at the beast. It looked better than I remembered!! When I say compound, its an open air parking lot with locked 3 ft high gates. I want it now!!!

G

·
This happened to me when I bought mine. So I just took the R on the plate it had and then transferred my privtae plate a few weeks afterwards. When I put the plate on a previous car I got it done in the same day at a DVLA office, but they won't do it anymore.

How the wait isn't too bad - it will be worth it in the end.

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i am part exchanging the audi against the R32, so the V5 form has my private plate on it. The DVLA said not to exchange until i got the new V5 form on as if there is a cock up in the plate change, the plate will default to the audi. I think the plate is worth about 3 grand so dont want that to happen!

the VW guy said as soon as I get the retention form for my private plate to send it to them and they will transfer the private plate onto the R32 so I can drive it away with my number on it. He said it can be done sameday once you have the retention form for the private plate. I want it now DVLA!!!!!:angry:

·
3,137 Posts
must be tough, I remember waiting for mine and it was a killer, as soon as I heard it was ready I jumped straight on the train for the 4 hour journey to pick it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts