VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey guys I really need to get my alloys refurbed but i only have 1set of wheels
is there anybody nice enough to lend me a set of wheels that will fit a mk5 r32 who lives local to Manchester or Stockport?
The powder coating place says it usually takes 3/4 days

In fact the car does not even have to move with the temp wheels I can use another car for work if you would prefer

Cheers

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
If the car doesn`t have to move why not just put it up on axle stands?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the car doesn`t have to move why not just put it up on axle stands?
Van and trailer on the driveway, my car is parked on the road.. little bit dangerous to leave it like that

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Where you getting them re-furbed pal? Theres a place in Stockport just off the A6 that will store the car whilst there being done

·
Registered
430 Posts
Where you getting them re-furbed pal? Theres a place in Stockport just off the A6 that will store the car whilst there being done
Im going to go to the same place i had my Civic type r alloys refurbed from, ashton powder coating.. did a fine job last time £160 for a full refurb + tyre changing

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
places here do them in 1 day...you leave the car and pick it up later same day...why does it take them so long?
But how much does that cost? i bet around £400

·
2,303 Posts
Mine were done in 3 to 4 days but that's tyres off, chemical dipped, shot blasted, powder primed and then wet painted, tyres back on and wheels balanced along with polishing

Cost me £264

Some places do it in one day but that's if someone's working on them all the time though but most of the time they have loads of wheels in all the time so keep working on different ones every so often that's why it takes a long time

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still after a set people I was kindly offered steelys but they won't clear the front brake callipers unfortunately...

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Which reminds me, i've still got the Aristo's in the garage that need a refurb.. But the tyres are shot so won't need them putting back on.. Should work out cheaper!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts