VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My circumstances have currently changed and I start a job on Monday that I can't use my car to travel to, so the S3 with costs me £500 a month is being sold.

But now I'm on the lookout for a mint, low mileage R32 for my eve / weekend driver.

Got a budget of 12k, 13k at a push, but I'm hoping that's enough for me to get a good un.

My Ideal spec is below:

Mk5 3dr
Silver / DBP / Grey
DSG / Manual (Would consider depending on spec)
Less than 50k miles (Ideally)
Full Leather (Not Recaros, I'm a larger chap, and what to be able to get out of the car occasionally!)
Luxury Pack
Winter Pack
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
MFD
Multi Function Wheel
iPod or SD Connection
Bluetooth
Parking Sensors (Not Essential)
Exhaust (Stock or MIlly Res)

There are a few on here that almost match what I'm after but not quite, so my plan is to hold out for the right spec to come along, but i know i'm asking a bit much spec-wise, so I may have to compromise on some of the above.

Or if anyone know of anything going with the spec above, feel free to post me a linky

·
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scott1979. Im looking for either an R32 or an S3. Can you give me details on your one please....

Cheers
Unfortunately the majority of the cost of the car is still on finance, so I'd need to sell to a dealer or similar to clear the finance.

Spec below anyway:

2011 S3
Black Metallic
3dr
Manual
13k miles, will increase with daily use
Full black leather
cruise control
Sat Nav
Bose speakers
Heated front seats
MFD Trip computer
Multi Function wheel

·
26 Posts
Hi. Cheers for info but im looking for a 2007/8 model... There are a few for sale in Aberdeen at the min so i will check them out.....

Cheers anyway...

·
19,389 Posts
You can still sell privately with finance on the car. Get a settlement figure and have the new owner pay the finance company direct by debit card or bank transfer at the time of the sale and you you the balance for the equity in the car.

There is only really an issue if the finance owed more than the sale price.

Good luck with finding the R32.

·
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can still sell privately with finance on the car. Get a settlement figure and have the new owner pay the finance company direct by debit card or bank transfer at the time of the sale and you you the balance for the equity in the car.

There is only really an issue if the finance owed more than the sale price.

Good luck with finding the R32.
Cheers Bob, I didn't know this.

I would just wary of putting the car on Auto Trader, as if people did their own HPI check, found out it's still under finance, and then either try and beat me down on price or it would put folk off altogether.

The finance is definitely less, even 'we by any car' quote was finance clear and 3k my way.

But ideally I'd prefer to buy the R32 1st, then sell the S3, so may be a few weeks, or months yet!

·
19,389 Posts
Cheers Bob, I didn't know this.

I would just wary of putting the car on Auto Trader, as if people did their own HPI check, found out it's still under finance, and then either try and beat me down on price or it would put folk off altogether.

The finance is definitely less, even 'we by any car' quote was finance clear and 3k my way.

But ideally I'd prefer to buy the R32 1st, then sell the S3, so may be a few weeks, or months yet!
I'll be honest it does put some people off, but if you're upfront on the finance from the start it won't put off a genuine buyer.

The biggest issue with selling a car of that value privately at the moment is people's access to cash. The majority of people don't have that much money kicking about and unsecured loans are much more difficult to obtain, even for people with a blemish free credit record. that is why people tend to buy cars like this from dealers, even if they are more expensive, is to get access to secured finance, where the risk to lender is less.

Good luck anyway.

·
26 Posts
Having had vw's for years i thought id try audi..having sold my s2 last year i kept hold of the s3 for my daily.... how would you rate a mk5 r32 against the
s3 as i quite like both and will prob end up buying either or....

Cheers

·
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I liked the R32 more to be honest, much more comfortable ride than the S3. I've found the S3 rather bumpy.

Although the S3 interior is probably nicer than the R32.

But the R32 is a much nicer car to drive in my opinion, you feel more connected to the road, more feedback in the wheel, I used to drive the R32 just for the hell of it, where I don't get the same compulsion in the S3.

·
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Viewed Martin1977's 5dr R32 this weekend and we have agreed a deal in principle. :) looks like I'll back in a VW very soon :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts