VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after a set of mkV bi xenon headlights hunted everywhere phoned a few breakers etc no joy just a few companies selling aftermarket stuff no original vw ones tho
Any info or suggestions appreciated

·
19,402 Posts
What's wrong with the ones on the car mate?

Didn't you just get it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait and you hear this one... Bought the car last week bulb light showed up on dash yesterday so checked all exterior lights everything spot on looked closer into headlights and realised they were not even xenon they are standard mk5 lights with xenon style lights in them how much of a plonker did I feel I should have seen them a mile away. Anyway typical scot right on the phone to the company i bought the car from horns coming out my head after I calmed down spoke to the manager they couldn't replace them to original must have been the previous company they bought it from pulling the flanker so they offered a contribution towards a replacement to factory standard checked verve Glasgow there looking for £326 per unit £126 per bulb ( pull the wool haha ) checked online most company's are xenon LOOK which I am assuming are look a likes/replicas... I am assuming the light on the dash is reading a fault do to it not reading xenons but hey what do I know
) sorry for the book. Raymond

·
19,402 Posts
That is a truly shocking story. Really surprised you never noticed as the projector lamp with the inboard halogen bulb is quite distinct. I guess it's the last thing you expect though.

My concern would be why they have been changed. I know there was a few thefts over the last few years but my biggest concern would be that the car has has a front end shunt and then been fixed on the cheap.

Hope you get it resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my first thought also, I know every car I had previous where focus st's which had xenons a don't no how I never noticed it think I was too busy thinking about a turbo on the sucker haha booked in tomorrow to get the windows tinted

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sourced a pair from some unlucky owners write off
really cheap too car breakers in London £150 the pair at least someone's gaining a big
from it ME ! Also got my windows done yesterday 38% full way round and got my .:R line mats today black with blue stitching what's next? Forge induction kit, milltec and coil overs if the mrs is in a good mood haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts