VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,957 Posts
Mark5-R32 said:
For Golf MkV, Must be in full working order with the radio code.

Many Thanks
Mark.
How much are you looking to pay? I've got the RCD500 out of my R spare since putting the RNS510 in. Only slight snag is that I don't have the radio code yet but I can give the dealer a call and get hold of it.

·
102 Posts
sorry to hijack but where did you get an RNS510 and is it hard to fit (i.e. does the radio aerial need changing etc?). I'd pay good money for one of them if you know someone...

·
1,957 Posts
Mine came from eBay for about $2000. Fitting it is an absolute doddle - 15 minutes max.

The radio antenna doesn't need changing but you may need to get an adapter cable. There are in antenna inputs on the back of the OEM headunits and those inputs are physically closer together on the 510 so you can either butcher the plastic of the plugs coming from the loom or get the connector (which consists of a plastic housing and 2 short extension leads) and use that.

Once it's in you should use VagCOM to tell the CAN gateway that a Nav system has been installed. It won't cause any problems as such if you don't, but if the car is scanned for fault codes it'll pick up a 'malfunction' with the CAN gateway saying that it is incorrectly coded.

As for the installation, basically you remove some trim, unscrew the old headunit, shove the 510 in and locate the GPS antenna somewhere. There are loads of guides online with pictures.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Burble,
Was looking to pay around £150.
Not sure if you would be able to get the key code though, ive heard that VW wont give them out, but i might be wrong.

Regards
Mark.

·
1,957 Posts
I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. Just so you are aware, my unit doesn't have MP3 playback - some units do and some don't. If the unit doesn't have an MP3 logo underneath the CD slot then it won't play MP3's.

Still interested?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Burble,
Yes still interested,dont care about MP3 along as the changer works, Ive got my Ipod for that, just need it for normal CD use.
Ive had 2 RCD500's now and both have had knackerd changer mechanisms - SERVICE ERROR on screen, so as long as it's in full working order then i'm interested.
If you can get the code, then that would be great. :)

·
1,957 Posts
Good stuff, the changer works perfectly. I'll give VW a shout and let you know what they say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts