VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a letter through the post form the Kirkless police. I won't type it word for word, but it basically warned me being an R32 owner, about my car. They state that in 2007 the vw r32 was one of the most stolen cars and at the moment they seems to be a proffesional ring stealing the r32 in my area.

They also said about the people (s*%T heads) going for the keys and using wire through the key holes. If you have a drive block the cars in or aleast park them off the rood. Now i can't do any of those but aleast i do the following.

1. Take the Keys with me where ever i go.
2. i have Delocked the R
3. Have a wheel lock ( a good one)

I don't want to say any more as i think the first place i would look to find out about R32s is a site just like this :(

Keep your keys safe.....

Guy

·
347 Posts
Guy said:
I think i'd be a little more worried if i owned a Mrk 5 R32
...and if had a 5 door Mk 5 R32 I'd lie awake all night...

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
I keep my keys with me 24/7. Also have a high powered air rifle at my bedside.

Disclaimer: I have no intention of using this unless in self defence ;-)

·
815 Posts
davefish said:

lol disclaimer.

·
2,808 Posts
...and if had a 5 door Mk 5 R32 I'd lie awake all night...
Why??? 'paaaaarrrrp'

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
second that, are 5 doors the in thing at the mo? Anyway thought it worth posting, i was thinking of ditching the wheel lock only the other day.... second thoughts errrrr yah

·
2,808 Posts
Oh, so its demand? Not that theyr easy to get into or anything?
Think Id be the one goin to jail if I caught someone messing with my car.

·
1,184 Posts
davefish said:

Ha ha just in defense of the car/family/house then hey?

Thats interesting guy, and has me worried!:eek: Cheers mate.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S19 MYD said:
Ha ha just in defense of the car/family/house then hey?

Thats interesting guy, and has me worried!:eek: Cheers mate.
I know what you mean, must be pretty bad for the Police to send out a letter like that.

·
5,616 Posts
5 door are more desireable as the cars are (I guess) ofter used as getaway cars so 5 door means easier to get in on the run!

·
347 Posts
Mattchaps said:
5 door are more desireable as the cars are (I guess) ofter used as getaway cars so 5 door means easier to get in on the run!
Yeah - and they like the silver ones cause they're common as muck and look like a diesel. Hence they blend in... :tongue:

·
133 Posts
I was pulled over by the boys in blue about 6 months ago, in sunny Surrey, to be told similar, and their advice was to fit a tracker asap. Mines a MkIV in common as muck silver, so I think it applies to us all. I delocked mine and cleared out the garage which has a lockable steel door. When I get a bit of spare cash I wont to consider a modification, not a tracker....I hope I don't live to regret it!

·
595 Posts
Thanks for the warning!

I have in the past had my house burgled for the keys to the cars so am well aware that they need the keys to get away with your car. Keep the keys safe and with you at all times (especially when you go to bed) and fit a house alarm - make sure you arm it at night.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I take the following precautions -

- Keys hidden upstairs
- High power air rifle with one up the spout (safety on) - self defence too Davefish!
- 2 Rottweilers in the house (gentle souls both, but hey Pikeys don't know that)

No scum-bags having my car without a fight

·
286 Posts
In the light of this perhaps everyone should watch out with what they have typed in the location bit under your avatar. We don't want to give too much away and make ourselves easy targets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts