VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

Anyone out there got a warranty? If so which one an cheekily hiw much?

I've been looking and come across Go Car Warranty which do a pay monthly however I'm not sure if they are any good and if its worth it as I don't think it covers wear an tear. I'm not sure what they will class exactly or determine as wear an tear but surely if something goes like for example DSG which is 9/10 reliable then how can they put it to wear an tear if it shouldn't...?

I would go for warranty wise but it is £900 per year!

·
318 Posts
Hi, when I had my last r32, it came with the Vw extended warranty that the previous owner had purchased, he showed me load of invoices for work that had been carried out u set it. Looked decent enough, new wishbones, new window regulators & motors.
I never had to use it tho so all good.
I extended ur again when it ran out and think it cos £500 a year.
The vw warranty is arranged by Mondial UK.

·
19,389 Posts
I did have the the VW Extended Warranty run by Mondial. It was around £650 for the fully comprehensive one including VW Assist. It was the best one I could find at the time and was invaluable when my engine needed replaced due to a porous block at 4 years old.

As with all warranties, the devil is in the detail and things like max value per claim are very important.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This ones car value per claim but there's no limit on claims so If have two claims in a year it's the value x2 .... Just wear an tear part....

·
2,665 Posts
I looked into warranty via both VW and Waranty Direct when my R32 left is 3 years warranty.

Excess and claim limit are a consideration. I think with warranty direct you needed the platinum (or whatever they call it) to cover a higher value claim such as a DSG box. Even back then it was £500-700 a year.

If its VW/Mondial does breakdown recovery come with that! That could be something to factor in as a plus.

I left it it the end and have limited issues. ie 2007 car...ie +3.5 post warranty years with no more than minor issues. I figured if i had a £2k DSG mechanatronic failure i would card it and deal with it..

Trying to think what ive had replaced...

Wishbone bushes
Rear Spring Broken
Speed sensor change

For some it will pay...thats your gamble i guess. I presume warranty companies must be making money from their policies! I l also worry about having to fight a claim through but thats just based on me being cynical!

I recently added a parts/labour option to my AA cover for very little extra....covers a few hundred of any job should you call them out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AA breakdown sounds alright, would it cover say if a mechatronics failed and you wasn't able to drive the car as such or......?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts